The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Yep, good luck everyone! Just be positive, get rid of the parents early, leave your doors open and be as sociable as possible and you'll have a great time. Throw yourself at the first week because it really is the best time of your life.

:biggrin:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Any info on getting my comp hooked up to the internet? I know i need to register on a computer already on the network. However, Im not able to obtain my id til monday. Will i still be able to use a pc in one of the clusters? Any advice on which cluster I could access without getting badgered for an ID?
Reply 3
marmitebagel
Any info on getting my comp hooked up to the internet? I know i need to register on a computer already on the network. However, Im not able to obtain my id til monday. Will i still be able to use a pc in one of the clusters? Any advice on which cluster I could access without getting badgered for an ID?

computer clusters are in the learning centre and main library. learning centre is the best option :smile: though you might need your id card. depends if you can put on the old angel eyes to anyone else in the room :wink:

you can always find me if you want and use my swipe card though :smile:

to register you will need the MAC ID of the network card inside your computer and the socket address number. then you will need to go to www.hallsnet.bham.ac.uk and get sorted. pm me if you want/need more details :smile:

[edit] see screenshot for the details you need :smile:
Reply 4
lol, our friendly, non-rule abiding shackleton barman eh? :wink:
HA they've got the measure of you northern boy :biggrin:

*Rohypnol fiend*
Reply 6
Lauren Hart
lol, our friendly, non-rule abiding shackleton barman eh? :wink:

you love me really :p: freshers would be a disaster for everyone without my advice :wink:
Reply 7
BlokeFromStoke
HA they've got the measure of you northern boy :biggrin:

*Rohypnol fiend*

rohypnol only gets used on you, boy :p:

charm and wit for everyone else :smile:
Oooo I'm special :biggrin:

*Exits to pub....just for a change*
Reply 9
BlokeFromStoke
Oooo I'm special :biggrin:

*Exits to pub....just for a change*

it's not a *good* thing...

i abuse campus wines more than the pub, being as i am practically next door to it... :biggrin:
Reply 10
tsk tsk, all my high opinions going down the drain.....
Lauren Hart

you had high opinions of me? :cool:
Lauren Hart

Men :rolleyes:
i try never to give people expectations of me, they are always so hard to live up to...

i'm always honest though :biggrin:
Reply 14
hehe, its the honest ones you have to watch out for though, you never know when they're gonna do something unexpected. At least you expect a dishonest person to be dishonest.
Reply 15
you can always find me if you want and use my swipe card though :smile:

to register you will need the MAC ID of the network card inside your computer and the socket address number. then you will need to go to www.hallsnet.bham.ac.uk and get sorted. pm me if you want/need more details :smile:

[edit] see screenshot for the details you need :smile:

What on earth is a network card?
Lauren Hart
hehe, its the honest ones you have to watch out for though, you never know when they're gonna do something unexpected. At least you expect a dishonest person to be dishonest.

but at least whatver i do you know i will be telling the truth about it :biggrin:

speaking of which, myself and housemate just won £27 from one of the monopoly machines :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

and meercat, a network card is just that... you plug a wire from that into a network socket and theres your network :smile:

look at the back of your computer for a hole, it usually has a symbol around it that has like 3 computer monitors linked together...
Reply 17
how do u find out the mac id of the netowrk card?!and the socket address number?? i'm not to great wit all this computer malarky :smile:
well the socket address is written on your socket in your room with marker pen :smile:

to find your MAC, go here: http://www.hallsnet.bham.ac.uk/register.htm it tells you what to do :smile:
Reply 19
thankin u muchly!!

Latest

Trending

Trending