The Student Room Group

I'm going to crumble under all this pressure.. need help urgently

Please read my whole story

I've always been a grade 9 student but lately these past few days I HATE studying. For my mocks I've easily been able to revise and quit gaming for a few weeks or even a month and feel incredibly self-motivated but I just can't do it like before.

I got mostly 9s and 2 8s in my mocks but I feel like I just got there by luck. I see people putting in all this work but they get mid grades but I always since Year 10 managed to pull through in the end and get the good grades. I didn't buy into that reivision timetable nonsense or pomodoro **** until now.

Now that I'm actually trying to study it feels so hard now. I planned from Monday to Friday to study 4 hours a day with 2 subjects per day (2 hrs each), 3 hours on Saturday and have a full rest day on Sunday. I felt like I was abusing the pomodoro timetable, taking too many breaks and always found myself clicking and opening random tabs, going on Reddit etc. I feel like I have some attention disorder or smth but my parents think I'm normal. I don't even know if I'm burnt out or just lazy but it feels like there's this force pushing down inside my brain and it's uncomfortable.

It makes me furious when I see people say you should cruise along for GCSEs, it's fine just get 6s and you'll be find but NO I don't want to do that but I've somehow lost my drive, my mojo. What do I even do now? I'm too lazy to go to the gym now, my mum told me to go outside and buy smth but I don't feel hungry or wanting to do anything.

I just end up not doing anything at all, not gaming or anything and get mad that the time throughout the day passes so quickly.
Exact same situation as you, I barely revise and still manage to get good marks, but since 14 Feb I'm starting to focus properly. I also have a problem with attention (e.g. playing games in class on my chromebook), but I think you just need to remember amount of relaxing you can do in the summer afterwards. Slowly build up the time you revise (e.g. 1 hour per day for the first week, then 1.5 hours for next week, and so on). I feel like I'm more focused by doing this.

Quick Reply

Latest