The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Catered halls: can we store stuff in the holidays?

I'm just wondering whether there is some sort of storage room to put all our stuff during the holidays, considering we have to molve out after every semester. I know this is available for the international students but i am a home student who lives in london so it'll be a piss-take logging all that stuff back and forth each semester! so all u peeps who were in the same situation as me last yr....what did u do?? pls, i really need to know otherwise i'm screwed!
Reply 1
What uni are you at?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm in Kent, so it would be a real pain for me as well. I'm in for the answer :smile:.
Reply 3
There definitely is in Hu Stu, but I'm not sure about other halls.
Reply 4
Oops, sorry, I just saw that you're at Nottingham. Sorry!
Reply 5
bridgey1
I'm just wondering whether there is some sort of storage room to put all our stuff during the holidays, considering we have to molve out after every semester. I know this is available for the international students but i am a home student who lives in london so it'll be a piss-take logging all that stuff back and forth each semester! so all u peeps who were in the same situation as me last yr....what did u do?? pls, i really need to know otherwise i'm screwed!

yeah...i'm gonna be in Southwell (Jubilee campus), so has anyone got a clue about the situation there?
Reply 6
I'm meeting my friend who used to be in southwell tomorrow, I could ask him if you like?
Reply 7
Frances
I'm meeting my friend who used to be in southwell tomorrow, I could ask him if you like?

Frances, is there any storage facilities at Cripps for the Christmas and Easter periods?
Reply 8
Ricci
Frances, is there any storage facilities at Cripps for the Christmas and Easter periods?

Yeah, you can stick stuff in the top cupboard above your wardrobe. You have to buy a padlock from them for about £2.75 or something I think.
Reply 9
From what Ive heard, storage is given to internationals first, then its all for themselves. What most ppl seem to do, is buddy up with someone in self catering, who dont have to move out, and shove their stuff in their mates room (for a small fee). Im going self catering *free plug*
Reply 10
Frances

oh yeah, could you please ask your friend coz i'd really like to know. thax a bunch!
Reply 11
bridgey1

Same situation as you last year, and I just put up with lugging my stuff each time. You'll quickly realise after the end of the first term that you'd brought up far more than you really need and you'll pack less the next couple of terms and have less hassle.
Reply 12
I asked my friend and he said that there is space but internationals do get priority, so don't get your hopes up!
Reply 13
Frances
I asked my friend and he said that there is space but internationals do get priority, so don't get your hopes up!

thanks anyway for asking for me. it's cool coz i could always pretend that i was international.....

Latest

Trending

Trending