The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

killallstereotypes
edexcel

Normally you need a password but i have a magic link which requires no password.

http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gce/gce-leg/maths/Pages/default.aspx

All C1/C2 pastpapers/mark schemes for Edexcel....

People linking to other lesser sites can stop now, i win.:yep:

:p:
Reply 81
MHorman
Normally you need a password but i have a magic link which requires no password.

http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gce/gce-leg/maths/Pages/default.aspx

All C1/C2 pastpapers/mark schemes for Edexcel....

People linking to other lesser sites can stop now, i win.:yep:

:p:

lol

quite blinkered and naive

Some of the other links, along with other sites, will have better resources and often uploaded quicker after the exam

For the OP...C1 and C2 in the main are the same (AS A WHOLE 2 MODULES) from board to board so any C1/C2 revision is good
I was only joking but never mind....
Reply 83
Hey,
I have found some of the older mark schemes on the website.
http://www.schoolworkout.co.uk/a_level.htm

But, freeexampapers.com seems to have all of them, but some do not work.

heres the linkfor that: http://freeexampapers.com/Dndex.php?d=QSBMZXZlbC9NYXRocy9PQ1I=
Hi does anyoone have the january C3 and C4 paper with the mark scheme... thanks i need it quick :smile:
Reply 87
Reply 88
Hi all jus wondering if ne1 can help me on the C3 paper for jan 2010, question 8. I factorise it all and get cot2x(cot2x-1)=0. The cot2x-1 part is easy but how do you work out cot2x=0??
Reply 89
M Dot
Hi all jus wondering if ne1 can help me on the C3 paper for jan 2010, question 8. I factorise it all and get cot2x(cot2x-1)=0. The cot2x-1 part is easy but how do you work out cot2x=0??

hey, did you manage to work it ouy? i still can't fingure out how to do that part either xx
Reply 90
Why can't cot2x = 0???? its pi/2
Reply 91
M Dot

joe_ex
hey, did you manage to work it ouy? i still can't fingure out how to do that part either xx

blazing999
Why can't cot2x = 0???? its pi/2

you've probably sorted this out by now haha

but take the inverse of both sides of cot2x = 0:
tan2x = infinity
inverse tan both sides:
2x = 90, 270
x = 45, 135

these are two of the answers, with the other two found by cot2x -1 = 0
Reply 92
XYYZ
you've probably sorted this out by now haha

but take the inverse of both sides of cot2x = 0:
tan2x = infinity
inverse tan both sides:
2x = 90, 270
x = 45, 135

these are two of the answers, with the other two found by cot2x -1 = 0

Not sure why you quoted me, I was asking the people above why they didnt think cot2x could equal 90.
Tan is also not the inverse function of cot...by the looks of it you have just looked at a markscheme an made some mil assumptions.

If you had somehow taken the 'inverse' as you put it then you would have tan = 0 from your suggestions above which would give you 0

THe whole post is riddled ith errors and misunderstanding
Reply 93
blazing999
Not sure why you quoted me, I was asking the people above why they didnt think cot2x could equal 90.
Tan is also not the inverse function of cot...by the looks of it you have just looked at a markscheme an made some mil assumptions.

If you had somehow taken the 'inverse' as you put it then you would have tan = 0 from your suggestions above which would give you 0

Sorry, I misunderstood your post.

But the whole post riddled with errors...? Aside from "take the inverse of both sides of cot2x", you get the right answer.
Reply 94
XYYZ
Sorry, I misunderstood your post.

But the whole post riddled with errors...? Aside from "take the inverse of both sides of cot2x", you get the right answer.

Which goes against your post hence why I asked, so believeing arccot is is and arctan will give you the answer is wrong

tan of 0 and cot of 0 will give you completly different answers
Reply 95
blazing999
Which goes against your post hence why I asked, so believeing arccot is is and arctan will give you the answer is wrong

tan of 0 and cot of 0 will give you completly different answers

I understand what you're saying, but the answer I gave is right.
Reply 96
blazing999

he meant take the reciprocal. you bloody cretin.
Reply 97
pete15
he meant take the reciprocal. you bloody cretin.

Thanks for your feedback Mr internet warriror. The reciprocal of zero you mean?
I'm just wondering if there is a site which I can get all the FP1, D1 and M2 past papers with solutions from June 2010 back to Jan 2005. The OCR website doesn't go back this far or have the most resent ones.
(Oh I'm asking by the way because I'm self teaching FM and my school don't have a record of all these papers.)
PM me with your email address and requirements.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest