The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone have the S2 wjec 2004 mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please can someone help me with these FP1 questions, it's do with drawing argand diagrams

|Z-3-4i| = 4

|Z| = |Z - 8i|

Thanks
Original post by Username13
Please can someone help me with these FP1 questions, it's do with drawing argand diagrams

|Z-3-4i| = 4

|Z| = |Z - 8i|

Thanks

FP1? Isn't that FP2? Which board are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

|Z-3-4i| = 4

|Z| = |Z - 8i|

Thanks

First is a circle, second is a bisectior
XN you work from here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mutleybm1996
First is a circle, second is a bisectior
XN you work from here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

OCR

I thought the first one was a straight line of some sort??
OCR

I thought the first one was a straight line of some sort??

I'm pretty sure it's a circle
Cba to get my notes though to be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile

|Z-3-4i| = 4

|Z| = |Z - 8i|

Thanks

Pretty sure it's a circle centre 3,4 radius 4

Sub in x+iy for Z and you can get a cartesian out

|(x-3) + (y-4)i| = 4
Sqrt((x-3)² + (y-4)²) = 4
(x-3)² + (y-4)² = 16
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by L'Evil Fish

|(x-3) + (y-4)i| = 4
(x-3)² + (y-4)² = 16

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish

|(x-3) + (y-4)i| = 4
(x-3)² + (y-4)² = 16

Original post by Mutleybm1996
I'm pretty sure it's a circle
Cba to get my notes though to be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile

aah okay, thanks :smile:
Seems like the OP is out of date and I am looking for past exams and study material for OCR Mathematics MEI C4 and M2, can anyone point me in the right direction? Has the specification for those exams changed recently? I took those two exams in 2012 and I am retaking them in 2015 again. Any free or paid for material that would help me prepare for them would be appreciated.
I am going crazy trying to download all the Edexcel question papers, mark schemes and examiner reports and then sorting them in a tidy manner.
I would greatly appreciate it if someone could send me .zipped file all the above!

If it's not possible, I shall try to assemble this myself and then I will post it here.
Don't suppose anyone knows where to find the 2012 and 2013 mark schemes for OCR M4? They're missing from OCR's site.
Original post by L'Etudiant
I am going crazy trying to download all the Edexcel question papers, mark schemes and examiner reports and then sorting them in a tidy manner.
I would greatly appreciate it if someone could send me .zipped file all the above!

If it's not possible, I shall try to assemble this myself and then I will post it here.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1013
Does anyone have the WJEC C3 January 2006 Mark Scheme. I'd really appreciate any help if you do have it! Thanks.
Can I ask does the examiner report help in anyway?

I understand for social sciences but for maths???

can someone provide a reasoning

i looked at a few and it simply points what they did wrong like forgetting to write the answer etc
Original post by bigmansouf
Can I ask does the examiner report help in anyway?

I understand for social sciences but for maths???

can someone provide a reasoning

i looked at a few and it simply points what they did wrong like forgetting to write the answer etc

I don't know what you mean. Examiners don't provide help in any exam.
i read in the adivce for revision that examiners reports are a big help but I dont understand that those people actually mean as I dont seem to find any hints from their reports
Hello,
I tried attempting Aqa C3 Past Paper June 2014 and got stuck on the following question. Please can someone help.

A curve has equation y=2ln(2e-x)
Find dy/dx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone provide recourses that can be used for studying further maths A level modules such as FP1,FP2,S2,D2,M2.

I've used mymaths for studying normal a levels (C1,S1 etc), however mymaths doesn't provide support for further maths.

So, if anyone could provide a MyMaths type recourse (with lessons and questions and such) that caters for further maths that would be much appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exam solutions and study guide.pk are ver good websites for revision and past papers.

Latest