The Student Room Group

What is the worst injury you've ever had?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
im very accident prone.

there was time i badly injured wrist on dodgems (someone ploughed into me at full pelt, bent my wrist wrong way and ended up in hospital with a bandaged wrist)

i dropped a big heavy slab on my toes, whole thing swelled and turned black,purple and dark blue almost instantly and couldnt put any weight on it so had to hop to find my mum to go to doctors and then hospital, doctor took 1 look and was convinced id broken it but to everyones amazement it wasnt broke just very badly injured so had to wear slippers for a week as it was too swollen for shoes.

i fell over in dirt when i was about 7/8, cut knee badly, went to doctors who should have cleaned it out but didnt so have a horrible dirt scar.

when i was about 3 i climbed up a bank after my sister, fell and slid all the way down. wouldnt have been so bad had it not been a whole bank of nettles causing massive nettle stings over legs, arms, stomach, chest, part of neck and face, one of worst pains i ever experianced.

i have had other injuries (like putting hand round a hot light bulb by accident, falling hard on ice and cutting hand, falling down stairs, knocking a filing cabinet over onto my hand)but its mostly bashing knees or wrists and having to wear a bandage on them for a brief period of time, as i say i am majorly accident prone at times, its really annoying and spent most of childhood with a plaster on some part of me.
Reply 21
I did this:

omfg sick!.gif

The picture isn't me but it's what happened to my knee :frown:
Reply 22
Dislocated both shoulders and broke a wrist in a rock climbing fall.

Worst part was being carried on a stretcher for 8 hours down the mountain to the road head.
Reply 23
Metal pole through my knee. Playing football and the local council left a metal scaffolding pole sticking out the ground from a old tennis court net and just covered it with grass so wasnt visable. Went for a tackle and fell on the pole cutting right through knee
Depends on how you define worst...

Most bloody: I tripped and caught my head at an awkward angle, which sent my top front teeth straight through my bottom lip. Literally, had a hole there - if there could have been no blood, which sadly there wasn't, you could look at it front the front and see the inside of my mouth - which had to be filled with glue (at the hospital, not PVC in the shed :wink:) to give it a chance of healing.

Most painful: Trod on a tennis ball and, whilst I went on forward, the ball rolled and pulled my foot backwards with it. Ripped all the ligaments in my ankle, so I was on crutches for weeks and it's never really been the same... Plus, it sprains really easily now.

Most damaging: Back injury - twisted it in bed (just sleeping :wink:), which has trapped a lot of nerves (including the sciatic, so technically I had sciatica at the age of fifteen), and it now sits in a very awkward position. Most damaging because, of all my injuries, this is the one that actually changed my life. Can't ride my bike anymore, because I can't keep that position for very long; can't play table tennis, because I can't twist around without damaging my back further. I have weeks on end of numb legs and intense pain.
Reply 25
I have two. Not sure which one is the worst actually.
The first one, when I was like 12 or 13, I fell from a ladder and lightly fractured my skull. I remained in hospital for a few weeks and then I was fine. I can still feel it when I run my finger on my head though.

The second one was two years ago... I'm not going to detail how it happened, however, it concluded in me getting 31 stitches on that-place-where-guys-dont-want-stitches. For approximatively 3 weeks, my friends called me "Walks-Like-Duck", peeing became one of the most painful experiences of my life, AND I would sleep with a bag of ice in my pants everynight so to not wake up with a hard one and bleed to death. :shifty:
And no, the scar is not visible, although some of my friends believe that it probably is and like to call me Frankencock. True story.
rugbyladosc
thats pretty serious i would say

Really? Yay, I've had a serious injury! :woo:
I didn't think it would count seeing as I didn't snap it. :frown: Yes, there's a sad face. Yes, I would like the experience of a broken bone.
Reply 27
When I was around 7 - 8 years old I decided to ride a bike bigger than my height....the chain of the bike was displaced and the bike fell on me and the edgy round paddle axle where the chain fits on went pretty much through my leg.....still remember as I could see exactly wahat was in my leg....still got the scar.....
Reply 28
Stepped on a rusty nail barefoot. It hurt so much I started screaming in the middle of the night an ambulance had to be called and a shot of morphine or similar was shot in my butt.

Also fell two meters on my head, got a concussion i guess but did not go to hospital.
Reply 29
damos92
Not an injury, or even real, but the worst pain of my life was in a dream where i got shot by a sawn off shotgun in my leg. True story. For some reason the dream didn't end until the agony reached top levels, and then i woke up feeling physically fine.

I hate those types of lucid dreams :frown: I had one where i was crushed under rubble and it felt entirely real, pain and everthing
Reply 30
Last weekend one of my fallopian tubes burst :lolwut:
It was the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. It happened while I was having a wee and my dad found my unconscious on the floor with my trousers round my ankles... good times...
i've fractured my pelvis from a fall from a hill top before.
Most painful being pushed down the stairs by my friend and cracked my head, needed a few stitches but there's abit of scar there even 10 years on.:smile:
i went through a sliding glass door when i was 5,
cracked open the top of my head and the glass sliced my cheek and right leg open
pretty nasty at the time
Reply 33
DH-Biker
HAHA! That's odd! :p:

Have you ever had those horrible dreams where you're falling and as soon as you "hit the ground" you wake up? I hate those. -_-
My little sister is now conviniced, thanks to some kid at her school, (like year 2) that if you don't wake up, you're really dead. :p: Which is hard to prove wrong, so... :p:

Still, that's a pretty messed up dream. :biggrin:

Yeah, for some reason my dreams are quite frequently morbid and scary. I've felt the fear of thinking i'm going to be raped, been jumped by a gang and i've had a recurring NIGHTMARE where i think i've woken up, i go downstairs to my kitchen, see my mom and she just screams like a banshee and goes for me. It's so terrifying lol. Ahh year 2, back when you could make up complete **** to your friends and know they would believe it...
hairline fracture on my nose lol wasnt that bad but all the blood and i had 2 racoon eyes ha

i love watching scarred :biggrin:
not my worst, but probably my most interesting.. i got this guy's front tooth stuck in my head..
had a few stitches.. but he had to get a new tooth!
worst pain i have experienced was skiing through a tunnel (sheet ice) about to crash andput my arm out and it bent backwards, broke both bones in my arm. Hoped it was only sprained so skied back to the apartment, every bump agony then went to the hosptial. 3 massive surgens then moved the bones back into place while one held me down with no painkillers.
I have a couple of interesting ones- I managed to shorten my calf muscle for like two months before i could stretch it out. I also swallowed a sharp bit of plastic which got wedged in my throat and got stuck every time i tried to gag. paramedics tried to get it out with pliars and couldnt and told me if i moved about too much or swallowed it could move to my windpipe and choke me. eventually got operated on 4 hours later and couldnt eat solids for a week
Jez RR
Dislocated both shoulders and broke a wrist in a rock climbing fall.

Worst part was being carried on a stretcher for 8 hours down the mountain to the road head.

did they pop your shoulders back into place once you got to the A&E ?? what happened like both of ur arms were ****** :O
Reply 39
TomLeeViyo

The second one was two years ago... I'm not going to detail how it happened, however, it concluded in me getting 31 stitches on that-place-where-guys-dont-want-stitches. For approximatively 3 weeks, my friends called me "Walks-Like-Duck", peeing became one of the most painful experiences of my life, AND I would sleep with a bag of ice in my pants everynight so to not wake up with a hard one and bleed to death. :shifty:
And no, the scar is not visible, although some of my friends believe that it probably is and like to call me Frankencock. True story.

I'm really curious, how did that happen? Did you try climbing a barbed wire fence?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending