The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Stupid question: do we all sit the same version of the test, and if not, how often do they rotate? :smile:
Reply 2
Every test is different. They have a huge number of questions that they rotate, so you'll probably get a few questions the same, but essentially, every sitting is different.
Reply 3
Hmm ... I didn't know that either. Anyway, I realise this is probably useless to you, as you have probably taken/are taking it right now, but never mind - might be of some use to somebody!

I had mine last Monday. It wasn't terrible ... I quite liked reading all the passages, and the questions do make you think quite a bit about the text, but it was all interesting stuff. This may not sound right, but I found it a little like a general studies exam, only more challenging - much more reading, and closer analysis of text, but that was my general impression.

I felt a little distracted by the time limit though. You know how you can normally sit in an exam and completely forget what time it is? In this one I couldn't because there was a little countdown in the corner of the screen ... very annoying! Don't really know how else to tell you about it. Essay part didn't seem too bad either - you get a whiteboard to make notes on, and there's just about enough time to write a decent answer I reckon. Just make sure you stick to the point and don't waffle (not sure whether I did, but it sounds good advice!)

We don't get our results until February, I think, so we should know our offers by the time we get them, or something. Good luck to everyone - hope we all do OK!
Reply 4
I liked it. My essay was about as discursive as one could ever suppose possible, but the multiple-choice constituent provided ample 'food for thought'.
Reply 5
:redface: I just sat my LNAT

I think the multiple choice part was ok, and i liked the essay topic i chose, although i didn't have as much time as i would have liked for the essay!

It didn't help that I have a very bad cold :frown: , and would have liked some water during the test!

Plus, and here's the silly thing, the centre had this little room off the side with 1 computer in. Nice and quiet with a window. Whoo :biggrin: But when i was trying to do my essay the sun was shining in my eyes and on the screen and i kept having to move my head to see. :frown: it was really annoying. I had literally a few seconds left and really wanted to change one thing, but i couldn't see the cursor on the screen, and so ran out of time :frown:

Oh well can only laugh now, :p: and hope i did well enough.

p.s. we get out results at the end of january i think

Latest

Trending

Trending