The Student Room Group

AS and A-Level Philosophy, Religious Studies and Theology resources thread

This thread is intended to be used for anyone to make requests for any resources for AS and A-Level Philosophy, Religious Studies and Theology (and related subjects) - including past exam papers, mark schemes, etc. Please keep any requests in this thread; any requests posted elsewhere will be merged into this thread. Please note that in replying to any requests, materials should not be posted as attachments to posts, but instead as links to external hosts.

For requests for resources for other levels and qualifications, please use the following threads:

If you have any suggestions for content to be added into this opening post, please let us know! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone have the past paper for the June 2010 unit 1 religious studies paper?

I really need it because I have the exam in January...

If there is a mark scheme available, it would also help greatly........

Thanx in advance:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Illusionary

Original post by Illusionary
This thread is intended to be used for anyone to make requests for any resources for AS and A-Level philosophy and religious studies (and related subjects) - including past exam papers, mark schemes, etc. Please keep any requests in this thread; any requests posted elsewhere will be merged into this thread. Please note that in replying to any requests, materials should not be posted as attachments to posts, but instead as links to external hosts.

For requests for resources for other levels and qualifications, please use the following threads:

If you have any suggestions for content to be added into this opening post, please let us know! :smile:

I need the June 2010 one plz...It's not on here!
HI :smile:,
Can anyone help? Im looking for the January 2010 past paper for Religious studies AS level exam board CCEA...
Reply 4
hi does anybody have the rss02 question paper/mark scheme for june 2010? exam board aqa
Hey, does anyone have the 2010 June AQA Unit 1 Exam and mark scheme?
Reply 6

Does anyone know where I could find a past paper for Unit 3? I can't figure out how the exam will be styled - how many questions per unit, how many units, etc. Any help would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 7
Hey guys,

Does anyone have these papers for AS, or happen to just know the questions? I've looked everywhere for them.

Thanks! - Good luck revising :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
Hey Guys,
Has anyone got any useful notes i could have on any of the topics in the synoptic?
my teacher is useless :/ Particularly on eshcatological and apocolyptic teachings please?

Also, has anyone got any sample questions that they've been given to do? would help me a lot

Thank you :biggrin:
Anyone got any sample answers for AQA Philosophy exam questions..? Specifically Reason & Experience, Why Should I Be Moral?, Knowledge of the External World and Free Will & Determinism. I've never seen one so I'm finding it hard to formulate answers ..
Why are there NO past papers for OCR A2 both philosophy and ethics??

I need
Jan 2011
Jun 2010
Jan 2010 :'(

Any help would be usefuuuul thanks xxx
Reply 11
Any one here doing AQA Philosophy and Ethics...

I've got the philosophy exam on Thursday and need some advice because I need a high A (advice on revision and on the day of the exam)....
Reply 12
Original post by GetCrunkedUp

Original post by GetCrunkedUp
Why are there NO past papers for OCR A2 both philosophy and ethics??

I need
Jan 2011
Jun 2010
Jan 2010 :'(

Any help would be usefuuuul thanks xxx

Here's the website :

http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/type/gce/hss/rs/documents/index.html
Reply 13
Original post by hendershott
Does anyone know where I could find a past paper for Unit 3? I can't figure out how the exam will be styled - how many questions per unit, how many units, etc. Any help would be appreciated :smile:

Unit 3:

Philosophy of Religion
You have to revise Critiques of Religious Belief as it may be linked with any topic in this section.
1. Religious Experience OR Ontological Argument
2. Life after Death OR Religious Language

Ethics
3. If you are revising critiques of religion and morality, then revise TWO out of: -deontology, -natural moral law, -virtue ethics. If you are NOT revising critiques of religion and morality, then revise ALL THREE.
4. Justice Law and Punishment with relativism, subjectivity and objectivity OR Ethical Language.

Of the four options, choose only three. for example, Ontological Argument, Religious Language and Ethical Language

Hope this helps! :confused:
Looking for WJEC January 2010 Instructions for Candidtes RS4HE and corresponding past paper.

Thanks for the link.

Hi guys, this might sound out of the ordinary, but I have just graduated from university already (Chemistry major, and Philosophy minor).

Right now, I want to look at some past papers on Philosophy because I have a great interest.
Reply 16
Does anyone have any Religious Studies model answers, preferably on the 'miracles' and 'ethics' modules (eg. normative ethics, meta-ethics)?
Reply 17
‘Philosophers have proved conclusively that religious language is meaningful.’ Discuss

Does anyone have the mark scheme or an answer for this?
Reply 18
Hmm I answered something similar years ago. Can't remember too clearly now, but you should talk about AJ Ayer when you're criticizing and making your arguments against. Ayer's the one who say that 'All God-talk is nonsensical'.
Reply 19
Hi there. Does anyone by chance have the following paper and if so could you please post it up. Thank you.

Edexcel a2 religious studies unit 3 june 2011

Quick Reply

Latest