The Student Room Group

A level Theology & Philosophy (OCR Religious Studies) or biology?

Hi. I’m applying for a levels and was planning to apply for maths/history/econ/philosophy but I’m having a bit of a dilemma on either doing phil or something else. The school I’m applying to has a good philosophy department but they take OCR religious studies as the actual course. My science/favourite teacher says that if I take 4 subjects I should do a science, esp since I’m doing maths. I was thinking about doing PPE at uni or history or something so I thought theology/philosophy would be a good precursor as I’ve never taken any religious classes (I am interested). If anyone has any opinion or anything I’d love to hear it.

I am pretty good at science (bio especially) but I don’t really see myself doing that in the future. I do kind of see myself in banking or law or other business-y jobs if that makes any difference?

Reply 1
Consider your long-term goals and interests. If banking, law, or business appeal to you, a mix of maths, economics, and philosophy can provide a strong foundation. While science is valuable, prioritize subjects aligning with your career aspirations. Weigh the pros and cons of philosophy/theology versus another option and choose accordingly. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest