The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I went for
Management at Manchester AAB
Business Management at Birmingham (University of)
Business Management at Sheffield ABB
Management Studies at Leciester ABB
Business Management at UEA BBB
UCAS sent off on 14/10/10
Anyone else applying to any of these courses?
Reply 21
rugbygreg
I went for
Business Management at Birmingham (University of)
UCAS sent off on 14/10/10
Anyone else applying to any of these courses?

I've got offers from Manchester and Sheffield for those courses :smile: Waiting to get other offers before making a decision though!
Booom
I've got offers from Manchester and Sheffield for those courses :smile: Waiting to get other offers before making a decision though!

Ah well the best of luck, if you got 5 offers what would be your firm?
Booom

you got your offers back already ?
rugbygreg
You should be fine, a lad in the year above me got BBBC at AS and was predicted AAB (which he got) and was accepted.

Good luck (I'm also applying to Leicester)

Hopefully :smile: but Thanks. Which one or two out of your choices do you want to get into most?
MissCardboardBox
Hopefully :smile: but Thanks. Which one or two out of your choices do you want to get into most?

Really liked Sheffield as a place when I visited and the business looked pretty good so it'll be between there Manchester and Birmingham (which I haven't visited because I kept changing my mind / had other open days to attend on the same day).
How about yourself?
rugbygreg
Really liked Sheffield as a place when I visited and the business looked pretty good so it'll be between there Manchester and Birmingham (which I haven't visited because I kept changing my mind / had other open days to attend on the same day).
How about yourself?

I really want to get into Nottingham when I visited it was such an amazing place compared to other uni's I went to. But it'll be between that and Lecister, which is actually more like me second choice becuase Aston put thier grades up ( which was initally my second ) = / .
Original post by MissCardboardBox
I really want to get into Nottingham when I visited it was such an amazing place compared to other uni's I went to. But it'll be between that and Lecister, which is actually more like me second choice becuase Aston put thier grades up ( which was initally my second ) = / .

Yeah it was just lovely of Aston to put up their grade boundaries, especially as they sprung it on us on the open day. I probably could get the grades but don't fancy busting a gut to get into a place I wasn't very at awe with.
Reply 28
Lancaster Bussiness Studies AAB
Manchester Business Studies ABB ( BEEN OFFERED AAB ) - may as well of applied for the management one!
Nottingham Trent Business Management BBD
Nottingham Trent Business Management In Company ABB
UCLAN Business Management BBD

Lancaster and NTU in company are my 1st choices. Do you think i could email manchester asking them to consider me for the management course instead?
Original post by mkrichard
Lancaster Bussiness Studies AAB
Manchester Business Studies ABB ( BEEN OFFERED AAB ) - may as well of applied for the management one!
Nottingham Trent Business Management BBD
Nottingham Trent Business Management In Company ABB
UCLAN Business Management BBD

Lancaster and NTU in company are my 1st choices. Do you think i could email manchester asking them to consider me for the management course instead?

You didn't by any chance do 2 subjects that are similair (Business and Economics) because that would explain you higher offer.
I think it's well worth doing ringing them up, what do you have to lose?
Hope it sorts itself out and good luck with your application.
Reply 30
I do Media Studies so that probably explains it lol.
I am predicted AAB so all is good but i wanted the management course really, but put the business studies as a sort of backup. Thanks mate, you too.
Reply 31
Original post by irachx
King's are very strict and I know of people who were predicted short of the grades required and were rejected straight out. I would suggest you try get your predicted grades higher or pick another uni, unless you reckon your PS and reference can vouch for the grade.

*******s
Original post by rugbygreg
Applying for
and one other predicted A*AB anyone got any ideas about where else?
Pm me if your applying to any of these courses

Loughborough? :ninja:
(i'm not predicted, I got A*A*B and am at lboro doing management sciences now. I also applied to UEA and Sheffield in 2010)

Original post by Jonnislats
Applying to:
Loughborough (Management sciences)
Newcastle (Business management)
Durham (Business management)
Aston (Business management)
UEA

Bit worried I'm gonna be predicted ABB though, although should get AAB but hoping for 3A's with a bit of help from a private tutor :smile:

:woo:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 33
Really??
No one??
No one could help with this query?? Its been almost a month!!

Original post by Desikid
Hi Guys!!

This is my first post on TSR. Please help me. Im in a nasty little pickle here. :woo:

My profile:
Graduation: 2009- Bachelors in Management Studies -Marketing major (University of Mumbai, India).
Working as a Business Development Manager (Client Servicing) in a reputed start-up (Bulk recruitment sector) 1.5 years (2+ by Sept)

My Problem:
In my university only the Final year scores are considered while awarding the degree. I have 66.5% as my Final year aggregate, which is nothing to write home about, but is pretty decent.
I just got to know that most UK universities consider First year and second year scores as well. :eek3:
As I had no intentions whatsoever of studying abroad, and also considering it wouldnt have been considered anyways, I messed up my First year and Second year. and now my aggregate score of all three years is just coming up to 59.2%

My Intentions:
I want to take up a reputed MSc in Marketing.
I am quite keen on Warwick (Marketing and Strategy), Bath (Marketing) and Strathclyde (International Marketing).
(Hey you!! stop smiling!!)

My Questions:
1. Would my Work experience in Marketing and Graduation in Marketing balance my poor academics?
2. I have been working full-time along with my Graduation (which is a rarity in India) and have certificates to prove the same. Would this help?
3. Also I am currently pursuing an MA in Advertising and Public Relations (Distance learning). Can I secure a conditional offer for a seat If I secure say a 65% in this course (Final Results by Sep/Oct 2011)
4. I have Voluntary work certificates, extra-curricular certificates. help?
5. Last ditch effort: Will writing a GRE/ GMAT and securing a good score help? (if yes, above how much)

Final word (Phew!)
I know these three courses seem ambitious. Can you suggest me some other MSc courses I can get into despite my poor academics?
If Warwick is say 10 on a scale of ten, how would you rate the recommended universities?

HELP!!
Desikid :biggrin:
Reply 34
Hi all. I Submitted my application trough UCAS last month. Now I have 5 conditional offers and a hard time deciding which uni to be my firm choice. Could you give me some help on this? My dilema is between Lancaster University/Course: Management (Study Abroad) (N201)/ and The University of Nottingham/Course: Management Studies (N200)/. They are completly the opposite but I know that they are both good. Lancaster is a really small city and that is my only concern because here in Bulgaria I live in a big town and I don't know how the small towns in UK are... I think I would get bored after the third week. And the alternative is the big City of Nottingham. However, they don't have year in Industry which I think is absolute a must ;[ Any suggestions?

P.S: My other offers are from Loughborough, Leeds and Aston.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by Felamon
Hi all. I Submitted my application trough UCAS last month. Now I have 5 conditional offers and a hard time deciding which uni to be my firm choice. Could you give me some help on this? My dilema is between Lancaster University/Course: Management (Study Abroad) (N201)/ and The University of Nottingham/Course: Management Studies (N200)/. They are completly the opposite but I know that they are both good. Lancaster is a really small city and that is my only concern because here in Bulgaria I live in a big town and I don't know how the small towns in UK are... I think I would get bored after the third week. And the alternative is the big City of Nottingham. However, they don't have year in Industry which I think is absolute a must ;[ Any suggestions?

If it is a big city you want, then Aston ais right in the Birmingham city centre. Leeds Im not sure about where is is positioned in the city. Nottingham is just a bit out of the centre on a very green campus which is pretty quiet.

As for the year in industry, yes I also think its a very imfortant factor. Especially in the current job market where all emplyers want are people with brains and lots of experience. Plus you spend a year earning money which is a bonus!
Original post by Felamon

A year in industry is uber important - you have really good choices btw you seem to be one of the only people on here with choices where I could actually understand why they picked them!

Nottingham is a really good university for this course but as you said the year in industry is really important - and I think you'd be just as happy at Lancaster.

Or you could go to Loughborough (as an insurance choice) which is only a bus from Nottingham/Leicester and has a year in industry :wink:
Reply 37
Original post by Desikid
Really??
No one??
No one could help with this query?? Its been almost a month!!

i applied to durham strathclyde from msc management and for marketing too i got in2 both with just my 1 & 2 year aggregate 56%.. u still hav a 59.2.. close to 60.. :P
m sure u stand a chance in both.. iv applied to warwick marketing 2! however havnt got a response yet
Reply 38
I've applied to Durham, Leicester, York, Kent & Lincoln. still waiting for York and I'm now officially a Durham reject.

Assuming York accepts I'm unsure of whether to pick York or Leicester as my first :\
Reply 39
got an unconditional offer from Manchester Met for Marketing Management with a placement year.... not my top choice but worth an open day visit me thinks, and its nice to have options! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending