The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Official LSBU What are your main questions or concerns about Clearing 2023?

Hi Everyone!:wavey:

At LSBU we understand Clearing can seem like a stressful process, so we wanted to open a space where prospective and current applicants can ask questions about Clearing 2023.

"How do I apply for Clearing 2023?"

"What happens if I do not get the results required for my offer?"

"How can I prepare for Clearing 2023?"

Whatever the question our LSBU reps are happy to chat with you below!:h:

LSBU Clearing 2023 has begun and those who already hold results can apply through one of the following:
- UCAS If you have already registered on UCAS for this year just log into your UCAS account and make LSBU your Clearing choice
- LSBU Clearing Hotline 08009238888
- Our dedicated Clearing portal
- In person at the Clearing Centre in our Hub on London Road (100 - 116 London Rd, Elephant and Castle, London SE1 6LN)

We look forward to reading your questions and queries.
LSBU Admissions
Hi I currently have an offer from LSBU for a Bsc Midwifery course but I don't think I will receive the grades stated in my offer yet I really want to study at LSBU so much and hope I can get in! I have also applied for priority clearing once I receive my results on 17th August is there anything I can do to guarantee my place at LSBU as I am so passionate about studying here :smile: please let me know.
London
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I currently have an offer from LSBU for a Bsc Midwifery course but I don't think I will receive the grades stated in my offer yet I really want to study at LSBU so much and hope I can get in! I have also applied for priority clearing once I receive my results on 17th August is there anything I can do to guarantee my place at LSBU as I am so passionate about studying here :smile: please let me know.

Hi There, thank you for your reply and congrats on your conditional offer for BSc Midwifery! :h:

It's great that you've thought ahead and signed up for our Priority Clearing, this means you'll get a call from one of our Clearing agents on results day to discuss your options. At the moment, there's nothing else you need to do aside from wait for results day - your results will be considered against your current offer and a decision will made if the offer can remain, be amended (e.g. alternative course) or made unsuccessful. Whatever the outcome, our Clearing team will be happy to discuss your next steps when the time comes.

All the best for the 17th August and please let us know if you have any further questions or anything we can help you with!

Rachel
LSBU Admissions
I have an application with LSBU through clearing for a course in Business management. I received an unconditional offer and was told that I would receive an email consisting of a hyperlink that would lead me to a portal to upload my transcripts. However, for an odd reason, I have not received any emails from LSBU, and have subsequently made sure to check my inbox regularly as well as my spam/junk folder. I also called the clearing team once again to inform them that I had not received the email. The person told me they would resend the email and to wait 15 - 20 minutes. I did so, and yet still have not received the email. This has worried me quite a lot.

Another issue I have is regarding my UCAS application. I received a congratulatory text from LSBU telling me to add my course (Business management) via the UCAS hub. However, I had added another course (Adult nursing with foundation year) at LSBU as my clearing choice which still states to be unconfirmed. There appears to be no option to remove or change this. Upon enquiring, I was told to ask the university directly to decline the Adult nursing course so that I can add my unconditional offer on my UCAS application. I hope someone can assist me in doing this as soon as possible. Please advise me.
Original post by Anonymous
I have an application with LSBU through clearing for a course in Business management. I received an unconditional offer and was told that I would receive an email consisting of a hyperlink that would lead me to a portal to upload my transcripts. However, for an odd reason, I have not received any emails from LSBU, and have subsequently made sure to check my inbox regularly as well as my spam/junk folder. I also called the clearing team once again to inform them that I had not received the email. The person told me they would resend the email and to wait 15 - 20 minutes. I did so, and yet still have not received the email. This has worried me quite a lot.

Another issue I have is regarding my UCAS application. I received a congratulatory text from LSBU telling me to add my course (Business management) via the UCAS hub. However, I had added another course (Adult nursing with foundation year) at LSBU as my clearing choice which still states to be unconfirmed. There appears to be no option to remove or change this. Upon enquiring, I was told to ask the university directly to decline the Adult nursing course so that I can add my unconditional offer on my UCAS application. I hope someone can assist me in doing this as soon as possible. Please advise me.

Hi There! I believe we may have responded to you on another thread, but please see below:

Congratulations on your offer at LSBU!

Please give us a call on the Clearing Hotline on 0800 923 8888 to discuss your current UCAS status and if there is anything outstanding for your offer. If you have not received any emails I would also ask them to check your email address is correct!

Feel free to drop us a direct message also and we can see if we can help further with this.

Many thanks, Rachel
LSBU Admissions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending