The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Casshern1456
:shock: Applying for Business Management to Kings, anyone had lower offers than their requirements?

hey i sent my UCAS off for business management on 13/Dec/2010 aint got any offers yet. i applied to warwick, birmingham, aston, durham, east anglia. what alevels u offering?
Reply 41
lol I have had four offers within 2 weeks! cerazy!
Original post by Tread
I've applied to Durham, Leicester, York, Kent & Lincoln. still waiting for York and I'm now officially a Durham reject.

Assuming York accepts I'm unsure of whether to pick York or Leicester as my first :\

Out of interest, why did you apply to Leicester? Go and visit both of them and see which one you can see yourself at. :smile:
Original post by super123
hey i sent my UCAS off for business management on 13/Dec/2010 aint got any offers yet. i applied to warwick, birmingham, aston, durham, east anglia. what alevels u offering?

I'm doing Maths, Chemistry, Business and Economics and Accountancy.
What Alevels you choose isn't really that important.
Reply 44
Original post by Melting Sugar.
Out of interest, why did you apply to Leicester? Go and visit both of them and see which one you can see yourself at. :smile:

umm well, basically i got 2 c's in maths and statistics at GCSE, and alot of the 'better' uni's want a B in maths, whilst leicester only wants a C for business management :colondollar:
It's a shame cause I've gotten an A for business through GCSE and AS :frown:
Original post by Tread
umm well, basically i got 2 c's in maths and statistics at GCSE, and alot of the 'better' uni's want a B in maths, whilst leicester only wants a C for business management :colondollar:
It's a shame cause I've gotten an A for business through GCSE and AS :frown:

Isn't York's offer AAB?
Reply 46
Original post by rugbygreg
Isn't York's offer AAB?

I understood it as ABB but i may be mistaken :smile:
Original post by Tread
I understood it as ABB but i may be mistaken :smile:

Ah I thought it had risen to AAB for this years entry, anyway good luck with your application, I applied for Leicester and really liked the feel of the management school their, I've been told that there is a lot of Duck poo around York University (Although I'm sure it does have its merits).
Reply 48
Original post by rugbygreg
Ah I thought it had risen to AAB for this years entry, anyway good luck with your application, I applied for Leicester and really liked the feel of the management school their, I've been told that there is a lot of Duck poo around York University (Although I'm sure it does have its merits).

haha, thanks you too. I liked Leicester quite abit, although i take its 6th rank in the guardian business management uni table with a pinch of salt :P
Original post by Tread
haha, thanks you too. I liked Leicester quite abit, although i take its 6th rank in the guardian business management uni table with a pinch of salt :P

Yeah I would, the Guardian are mad. I heard a story of them ranking Hull's maths department (which had been closed for 2 years) above that of Imperial.
Original post by Tread

:yep: I wondered if maybe this was the main reason why you had picked it :p:
Reply 51
I wouldn't ever put too much thinking into what the league tables say. I've seen many stories about the guardian's listings and they do often make me laugh!

Also makes me wonder where their funding is coming from.
Reply 52
Cass - IFRM
Predicted AAA
Offer AAB

Latest

Trending

Trending