The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
devilbunny
What did your ad say? Did it make you sound like a hooker? Cos maybe that's what has happened before

Ermmm I don't think so considering I put it in the bar and restaurant sections!

I mean my ad does sort of suggest I'm desperate for money...etc ...this is what i wrote...

Hi there,
My name is Danielle, but my friends call me Dani. I am 20 years old and in great need of your help. I'm a British student and I need work!
See I have over two years of experience in hotels, 5 or 6 in restaurants and a year and a half in bar work. But I just can't find a job!

I'm bubbly, outgoing, have a great sense of humour and am extremley easy-going. I speak near fluent French and basic Spanish. I can pull a pint, which I'm pretty sure is necessary in the job description!

I just need a job, stat. I have £20 in my bank account and my loan isn't coming in for a month. I've run out of food and am looking for some work to start away.

I am ridiculously available. Monday night, Tuesday night, Thursday all day, Friday all day plus all weekends! So e-mail me, give me a call, send a carrier pigeon! I am looking forward to hearing from all you wonderful employers :biggrin:

I think maybe the desperation key played a part of it
Note to self: Desperation attracts weirdoes
Reply 21
Just don't touch it with a bargepoll tell him you have a job now. I think your ad might be giving out the wrong message.
Reply 22
Yeah I think so too...stupid of me. I did ask a couple of people if I thought it did but they said nooo, it just made it stand out *rolls eyes*.

I've sent this reply

Dear R,
Hi, I'm really sorry that this is so late but I've literally just been
offered another job which I really wanted to get. I'm really, really
sorry and thank you for the offer. But I'm sorted now.

Thanks,
Dani
XXX
Reply 23
The Fluff
Yeah I think so too...stupid of me. I did ask a couple of people if I thought it did but they said nooo, it just made it stand out *rolls eyes*.

I've sent this reply

Dear R,
Hi, I'm really sorry that this is so late but I've literally just been
offered another job which I really wanted to get. I'm really, really
sorry and thank you for the offer. But I'm sorted now.

Thanks,
Dani
XXX

Good stuff. His fetish will never be known to TSR now. Phew
Reply 24
Thank the lord I have two interviews for legit jobs in the next 2 days.
Reply 25
The Fluff
Ermmm I don't think so considering I put it in the bar and restaurant sections!

I mean my ad does sort of suggest I'm desperate for money...etc ...this is what i wrote...

Hi there,
My name is Danielle, but my friends call me Dani. I am 20 years old and in great need of your help. I'm a British student and I need work!
See I have over two years of experience in hotels, 5 or 6 in restaurants and a year and a half in bar work. But I just can't find a job!

I'm bubbly, outgoing, have a great sense of humour and am extremley easy-going. I speak near fluent French and basic Spanish. I can pull a pint, which I'm pretty sure is necessary in the job description!

I just need a job, stat. I have £20 in my bank account and my loan isn't coming in for a month. I've run out of food and am looking for some work to start away.

I am ridiculously available. Monday night, Tuesday night, Thursday all day, Friday all day plus all weekends! So e-mail me, give me a call, send a carrier pigeon! I am looking forward to hearing from all you wonderful employers :biggrin:

I think maybe the desperation key played a part of it
Note to self: Desperation attracts weirdoes

Too me some off that screams 'I'll be your hooker;, but I think that's only because I'm thinking of it that way. It's not that bad really.
Reply 26
Haha yeah....I'm just going to delete the ad now. Don't need anymore weirdos attempting to contact me.

Shame it sounded like such a good job without the massage part.
Reply 27
The Fluff
Haha yeah....I'm just going to delete the ad now. Don't need anymore weirdos attempting to contact me.

Shame it sounded like such a good job without the massage part.

Take the kisses off your email to him.
Reply 28
devilbunny
Take the kisses off your email to him.

Have done so.

Here's is new...updated...no-sexual inneundo, no way of contacting me other than through the form ad.

http://www.gumtree.com/cgi-bin/show_posting.pl?posting_id=3091858

Please tell me if there is any inneundo or crap in it pleaseee!
Reply 29
erm theres no innuendo or crap but the years work experience don't really add up with your age maybe you should explain it or you will only get dodgies.
Reply 30
The Fluff
Have done so.

Here's is new...updated...no-sexual inneundo, no way of contacting me other than through the form ad.

http://www.gumtree.com/cgi-bin/show_posting.pl?posting_id=3091858

Please tell me if there is any inneundo or crap in it pleaseee!

Some men might see the Anti-Spam as a challenge, but I doubt it.
I agree with vikikiki with the experience thing, it doesn't make much sense :confused:
Reply 31
viviki
erm theres no innuendo or crap but the years work experience don't really add up with your age maybe you should explain it or you will only get dodgies.

Well they were in two places....and I started the bar work later on.....it explains it on my CV....
Reply 32
well it just doesn't really make much sense or sound like you can add up.

I think you need a couple of lines to explain it.
Reply 33
*edits it to make sense*
Reply 34
OK check it out now...thanks guys you're the best.
Will have to spread the rep over a little while though.
Reply 35
that makes loads more sense and if you get propositioned again at least you'll know that they are just weird and you havent done anything to provoke it.
Reply 36
viviki
that makes loads more sense and if you get propositioned again at least you'll know that they are just weird and you havent done anything to provoke it.

Lol...I'm so naive at times it's silly.
Reply 37
you've still got a few odd spelling mistakes in there though if you want to make it really good.
Reply 38
Nice to see the "pervy" and "paedophile" brigade in full voice again. Did it ever occur to any of you that the guy was honest from the word go?? And, as unlikely as it may seem, he could conceivably have meant massage. And for those of you who've never experienced legitimate professional massage - being naked is usual for both men and women.

Having said that, it DOES appear odd that an "apparently" respectable businessman would be trolling the likes of Gumtree for a position as responsible as a PA - I would've expected HIM to place an advert.

I think you did the sensible thing in turning him down.
Reply 39
I've never heard of a PA job that included giving massages before. So yeah I think she was very wise.

Latest

Trending

Trending