The Student Room Group

a level grade boundaries 2023

now that most of the exams have finished... how are people feeling about results day? what do we think the grade boundaries will be like?

honestly stressing more about results day than the exams themselves it's actually a joke. seen quite a few things saying boundaries are likely to be on par with 2019 or higher - seems a little unfair since our cohort was still affected by covid as well, and this is the first official round of exams we've ever even done...
nah its not unfair we have had 2 years of solid education we dont deserve any major special consideration
Original post by student3547
now that most of the exams have finished... how are people feeling about results day? what do we think the grade boundaries will be like?

honestly stressing more about results day than the exams themselves it's actually a joke. seen quite a few things saying boundaries are likely to be on par with 2019 or higher - seems a little unfair since our cohort was still affected by covid as well, and this is the first official round of exams we've ever even done...
Reply 2
not saying we should've gotten any special consideration but not every school was in the same position as each other with some struggling a lot more than others, so taking the grade boundaries back to pre covid levels at this point seems unfortunate... should've waited another year imo
Original post by user123456324
nah its not unfair we have had 2 years of solid education we dont deserve any major special consideration

I disagree, at least our year should have special consideration. We are the last year that didn't do real GCSEs...
thats not how its working anyway. Its not to do with grade boundaries they are adjusting the curve. They are moving the amount of people who get A*/A to 2019 levels because it got heavily inflated in 2020/21/22 the grade boundaries could be harsher or nicer then 2019 depending on how hard the paper was
Original post by student3547
not saying we should've gotten any special consideration but not every school was in the same position as each other with some struggling a lot more than others, so taking the grade boundaries back to pre covid levels at this point seems unfortunate... should've waited another year imo
Yes but we still were given tests to decide our grades in the vast majority of schools I don't understand why us not sitting the real deal would affect us in any way

Original post by toxicgamage56
I disagree, at least our year should have special consideration. We are the last year that didn't do real GCSEs...
Yes but we still were given tests to decide our grades in the vast majority of schools I don't understand why us not sitting the real deal would affect us in any way

Don't pretend like the tests we were given were the same as those that we would've had for real GCSEs. I got great grades and still think that I don't deserve them. You could argue last year there was no need for special consideration either. Year 12 is when much easier AS content is taught and still got a disproportionate amount of support for their real A-levels: I don't think we need the same level of support, but we at least deserve some consideration.
Don't pretend like the tests we were given were the same as those that we would've had for real GCSEs. I got great grades and still think that I don't deserve them. You could argue last year there was no need for special consideration either. Year 12 is when much easier AS content is taught and still got a disproportionate amount of support for their real A-levels: I don't think we need the same level of support, but we at least deserve some consideration.

I mean idk what bs tests ur school were giving u but mine did proper exams which were a good version of real gcse exams just with slightly reduced content. and last year did need it lmao they had like a term where they missed schl because of covid which warrents extra help
I mean idk what bs tests ur school were giving u but mine did proper exams which were a good version of real gcse exams just with slightly reduced content. and last year did need it lmao they had like a term where they missed schl because of covid which warrents extra help

My school used proper exams mate, and I still think they were much easier than real GCSEs. Anyway, I can clearly see that you're stubborn about your position, but I believe we deserve special consideration nonetheless. Good luck with your grades.
Reply 9
glad i'm not the only one worried then, fingers crossed we don't get screwed over is all i can hope at this point
My school used proper exams mate, and I still think they were much easier than real GCSEs. Anyway, I can clearly see that you're stubborn about your position, but I believe we deserve special consideration nonetheless. Good luck with your grades.

Quick Reply

Latest