The Student Room Group

Primary Early Years Education 2011 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Becksiee26
Hey
I had my interview at Durham almost 2 weeks ago and they said to my group that we'd hear within the next weeks because they've literally just been allocated how many spaces are available on the course :smile:

x

oooh okay, so hopefully sometime this week!
if i haven't heard by next week then i'll email them!
Original post by Hannah124
Yeah, but I'm withdrawing my application, I don't want to go there at all and my personal tutor said that it's not a very good uni. :smile: xx

really?! I thought york st john has a really good reputation for it?!
Original post by Lazylisa
Ah right cool! :smile: I've applied to Northumbria, YSJ, Leeds Trinity, Sunderlad and Durham. Northumbria is my top choice then York :smile: What about you?

One of my friends who had an interview on the same day as me got an offer for Northumbria today! Unfortunately I still haven't heard anything :frown: xx

Leeds trinity, Huddersfield, York, and Sheffield. And leeds met, but i got an unsuccessful after an interview at leeds met.
York is my top choice :smile:

Ah its so annoying when something like that happens! Someone I know got an offer from york and i hadnt heard anything and then I heard a week later. It probably means you are on the maybe list... and i expect you would have heard a rejection by now so i wouldnt worry!! x
Original post by Rebecca24xx
Leeds trinity, Huddersfield, York, and Sheffield. And leeds met, but i got an unsuccessful after an interview at leeds met.

Ah its so annoying when something like that happens! Someone I know got an offer from york and i hadnt heard anything and then I heard a week later. It probably means you are on the maybe list... and i expect you would have heard a rejection by now so i wouldnt worry!! x

Yup, and to make matters worse another one of my friends who was also on the same interview date, just got an offer! I'm clearly a reject haha xx
I want to go to Nottingham Trent and they require BCC
whereas Oxford Brookes want BBC
and I want to put Trent as my firm and Brookes as my insurance but isn't that a silly idea, seeing as my firm needs lower grades than my insurance?
I have another option for my insurance but I really don't want to end up there doing a course which I don't want to do.
Also, Nottingham Trent said they need to whittle down from 500 people down to a smaller number, as they only have 100 people for their course

But surely they'd give out offers to more than 100 people? Seeing as others would choose other universities as their firm choice? x
really?! I thought york st john has a really good reputation for it?!

Apparently! She told me to withdraw it and go to Edge Hill or MMU because they have amongst the best repuatations in the country. She can be a bulls****er at times though!
Reply 1187
Original post by Uni2010!
Hi ive made a post or two on this thread previous about the gloucestershire interview if you look back it may be of use to read.

The maths seemed to me like GCSE maths and the English like a Keystage 2 paper...Read passages and answer questions, correct grammar and spelling on a passage etc. The item presentation was fine, just be confident. Good luck.

I hope this helps. x

Thanks,
Just wondered if you could copy what you put in an earlier thread about the gloucestershire interview as i have looked through previous threads and i can't seem to find it. Many thanks x
Hey got an interview at Nottingham trent this Wednesday, anybody had one there and if so how was it?

Hi sorry to hear about your unsuccessful after interview at Leeds met, but can I ask when did you hear back like how long after the interview did you hear? I'm so on edge about hearing back! Did you see through ucas or did they email u?
X
Original post by kieran101
Hey got an interview at Nottingham trent this Wednesday, anybody had one there and if so how was it?

yesss i had one in January :smile: everyone there is really nice and make you feel really welcome. Best thing to do is to look at some current educational issues atm and also go through your presentation a few times as its best when you're not just reading it off a piece of paper. Ooh and also, the english tests are nothing to worry about - they just test basic grammar, spelling etc. Hope this helps! x
Original post by Sophie1803x
yesss i had one in January :smile: everyone there is really nice and make you feel really welcome. Best thing to do is to look at some current educational issues atm and also go through your presentation a few times as its best when you're not just reading it off a piece of paper. Ooh and also, the english tests are nothing to worry about - they just test basic grammar, spelling etc. Hope this helps! x

oh thanks yeah that doesnt sound too bad, ive been keeping up to date with educational issues so hopefully im sorted on that level lol but thanks for the help :smile:
oh thanks yeah that doesnt sound too bad, ive been keeping up to date with educational issues so hopefully im sorted on that level lol but thanks for the help :smile:

no problemmm :smile: is it your first choice? x
Original post by r e b c a
Hi sorry to hear about your unsuccessful after interview at Leeds met, but can I ask when did you hear back like how long after the interview did you hear? I'm so on edge about hearing back! Did you see through ucas or did they email u?
X

its alright, it was agesss ago. I had my interview in december.. then like 2 days later i got it through ucas! Think you would have heard if its a rejection by now to be honest :smile:
Original post by Hannah124
Apparently! She told me to withdraw it and go to Edge Hill or MMU because they have amongst the best repuatations in the country. She can be a bulls****er at times though!

haha!!
no problemmm :smile: is it your first choice? x

not at the moment, had an interview at Edge Hill so if I get in there that will be my firm so Nottingham will most likely be insurance, forgot to ask have you heard back from Nottingham after the interview?
not at the moment, had an interview at Edge Hill so if I get in there that will be my firm so Nottingham will most likely be insurance, forgot to ask have you heard back from Nottingham after the interview?

ahh right, well good luck getting an offer from them! and yeahhh i got a conditional from them a couple of weeks ago :smile:
ahh right, well good luck getting an offer from them! and yeahhh i got a conditional from them a couple of weeks ago :smile:

thanks and oooo well done :biggrin: so is it going to be your firm?
thanks and oooo well done :biggrin: so is it going to be your firm?

thanks :smile: yesss it definitely is! where else have you applied?
thanks :smile: yesss it definitely is! where else have you applied?

ooo good, least you got your firm then :smile: and york st john (still to hear), sheffield hallam (rejection) and bishop gross lincoln (withdrawn), yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest