The Student Room Group

Primary Early Years Education 2011 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I've been offered places on the education degree at brighton and also the 3-7 primary bEd. Can anyone confirm what sort of hours the bEd are?? We were told 9-5 mon to fri but I'm hoping that's not the hours on campus, thanks x
Original post by khm2793
anyone still not heard back from nott trent after an interview?

i think you should email them, i heard back 2 weeks later, when was your interview?
Reply 1582
JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM DURHAM :biggrin: sjgeuistvgbtywcvc
Original post by kywright

congrats!!! :biggrin:

really nervous about my interview, what are your predicted grades?

eeeeeks! no way!
congrats :smile:
remind me when your interview was again?

I want them to get back to me now :frown:
Original post by DJTom
sorry to ask but do you those from A levels?

Yeaaah you do need them from A Levels (:
Reply 1586
Original post by Hannah124
That’s so good to know, thank you! My Mum's a primary teacher and teaches year 3 and the woman that she class shares with did early years but I just thought it was my Mum's school that let people with early years degrees teach above KS1. But if it's happened elsewhere then that's amazing because, if I get too stressed with four year olds I can teach older children! :smile:

Yeah I'm sure they will let you :smile: I doubt you'll get bored of the little ones anyway!

Today in Primark a woman left her little 3/4 year old son at the bottom of the escalator upset because he didn't like the escalator, and she had already got on it shouting at him to get on it! I asked him if he wanted to get on the same step as me, then he grabbed my hand so I took him up to the next floor, it was well cute. His mum only realised that he wasn't next to her when she got to the top, and then she thanked me, but next time she should just try not to lose her child; even I can get lost in Primark, let alone him! The little ones are always sweet aren't they :smile:

Original post by Hannah124
If I were you I'd definitely put UWE as insurance, because in summer if something drastically goes wrong and you don't get a C in Geography then you wouldn't get into Plymouth but you'd get into UWE. You could just not have an insurance choice. To be honest I wish I hadn't put insurance down now because like your offers there is hardly any difference in grades with my offers :s-smilie: So I'd put Plymouth as firm, with UWE as insurance unless you desperately want to go to UWE, but isn't Plymouth your favourite out of the two?

I think it's quite bad that we can afford to get D's and E's and still get onto a teaching course, where we will be teaching other people's children!!! :smile: xxx

Yeah I'm thinking I will :smile: I do like UWE - the course isn't as long as Plymouth and I could live at home saving money, so it's a good insurance all round I think! Yeah I worked out in my next exams I could get two D's and two E's, and end up with BCC overall! I agree with it being bad we can teach other people's children and get E's and D's in our exams, but I'm not complaining because of course I really want the job and to do the course :smile: Plymouth is my favourite, it's just really nerve-racking to actually put my choices on Track! xxx

YAY! Ooh I hope all of us on here get them, it will be the best day EVER when that happens.
First choice, yes?
xx
Original post by sambolina
Hi, I've been offered places on the education degree at brighton and also the 3-7 primary bEd. Can anyone confirm what sort of hours the bEd are?? We were told 9-5 mon to fri but I'm hoping that's not the hours on campus, thanks x

Hey, I've been offered the same :smile: I was really worried when they said 9-5 too but I asked someone who's in their 3rd year there doing that course and she said that it's only 9-5 when you're on the school placement. she said in her first year she had 2 hours of lectures on monday tues and weds then she had thursday off and then 4 hours of lectures on friday. hope that helps :smile: X
Reply 1589
Yaaaaay!!!!!

I'm sooooooooo HAPPY :smile: got a CONDITIONAL OFFER from GLOUCESTERSHIRE!!!!!

xxx
Reply 1590
Original post by jldicks1
Yaaaaay!!!!!

I'm sooooooooo HAPPY :smile: got a CONDITIONAL OFFER from GLOUCESTERSHIRE!!!!!

xxx

Congratulations :smile:

Is this your first choice? x
Original post by sambolina

Everyone thinks 9-5 everyday before they go.. it is not 9-5 that just means the hours they give you in uni could be between 9-5. I had days where I was only in for like 2 hours (I am a first year at Brighton on 5-11 years course)
Original post by daisynina
Hey, I've been offered the same :smile: I was really worried when they said 9-5 too but I asked someone who's in their 3rd year there doing that course and she said that it's only 9-5 when you're on the school placement. she said in her first year she had 2 hours of lectures on monday tues and weds then she had thursday off and then 4 hours of lectures on friday. hope that helps :smile: X

Yeah thats same for me. I'm 1st year on the 5-11 course there x
Reply 1593
Original post by Becksiee26
Yeaaah you do need them from A Levels (:

ok thanks
Reply 1594
Original post by strongone
i think you should email them, i heard back 2 weeks later, when was your interview?

my interview was in november! which was ages ago.. when was yours?
Im about to withdraw from durham and accept cumbria as my firm, with no insurance!
Original post by mkmkmk

Original post by mkmkmk
Got a letter today in the post for an interview on 4th april. have you heard anything yet? xxx

Hey, Well done, good to know they're still holding interviews. Good luck.
I've heard nothing yet, had Roehampton last wednesday and UWE the week before...just stillllll waiting for Durham, You'll have to let me know how you get on xx
Original post by khm2793
my interview was in november! which was ages ago.. when was yours?

my interview was the 26th of Feb
Original post by im1190
Yeah I'm sure they will let you :smile: I doubt you'll get bored of the little ones anyway!

Today in Primark a woman left her little 3/4 year old son at the bottom of the escalator upset because he didn't like the escalator, and she had already got on it shouting at him to get on it! I asked him if he wanted to get on the same step as me, then he grabbed my hand so I took him up to the next floor, it was well cute. His mum only realised that he wasn't next to her when she got to the top, and then she thanked me, but next time she should just try not to lose her child; even I can get lost in Primark, let alone him! The little ones are always sweet aren't they :smile:

Aww it's so sweet about that little boy :smile: they are sweet until it gets to about half two, and then they start with the 'I want my mummy' whining! I do like little kids though, so I think I'll be ok! I just want to have them sat on the carpet at the end of the day and read them a story and sing songs like 'one finger one thumb' and 'head, shoulders, knees and toes' with them!

Original post by im1190
Yeah I'm thinking I will :smile: I do like UWE - the course isn't as long as Plymouth and I could live at home saving money, so it's a good insurance all round I think! Yeah I worked out in my next exams I could get two D's and two E's, and end up with BCC overall! I agree with it being bad we can teach other people's children and get E's and D's in our exams, but I'm not complaining because of course I really want the job and to do the course :smile: Plymouth is my favourite, it's just really nerve-racking to actually put my choices on Track! xxx

It's always good to save money, especially as a student, you'd have more money to go out if you had to go to UWE, so it is a really good insurance! I just need to overall get a B, a C and an E at A2 and I'm into Edge Hill! I can afford to get CEU in summer! :smile:

I was so scared about confirming my choices on track, I was so nerves I was probably sat there shaking and everything! I kept checking track that night too, just to mak sure I had put the choices down correctly! It is a load off your mind though when you put them down, and you can sort out student finance properly too then! :smile: xxx
Reply 1599
I am so unsure what to put as my firm as insurance and I need to do it soon;

I have offers for Sheffield Hallam (BBC), Nottingham Trent (BCC), Durham (BBB), Birmingham City (BBB) and Winchester (BBC) and I'm thinking between Nottingham, Winchester & Durham.

I know Durham is the best Uni for reputation but it's 3 hours away from where I am and I don't know if I want to be that far away (which probably sounds so sad haha). Do any of you think going to Durham is worth it because It's a good Uni or would Nottingham Trent & Winchester be just as good?

I hate decisions as it is haha. I'd love some assistance :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest