The Student Room Group
Most of the time it's because they have already got their A-levels/qualifications.
Reply 2
Already got the grades etc needed.
Reply 3
people only get them if they have already got their A-Levels (applying on a gap year etc). Nobody I've seen has got one just cos the uni likes them :P
Reply 4
I knew one guy who got an unconditional from Nottingham Trent a couple years back, but that's because he was predicted well past the entrance requirements.
Reply 5
Suppose a university gave you an unconditional offer based on the assumption you probably will easily exceed their entry requirements but then come results day you absolutely flop and don't even meet their requirements, as they've given you an unconditional, would they still be obliged to take you regardless?
Original post by ak56
Suppose a university gave you an unconditional offer based on the assumption you probably will easily exceed their entry requirements but then come results day you absolutely flop and don't even meet their requirements, as they've given you an unconditional, would they still be obliged to take you regardless?

They have made that person an unconditional offer i.e. it has no conditions or requirements :indiff:

By giving out this offer they have said that you can go regardless, so yes they are obliged to take you
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by grape:)
I knew one guy who got an unconditional from Nottingham Trent a couple years back, but that's because he was predicted well past the entrance requirements.

It is more likely that his AS results already took him beyond the requirements on a UCAS tariff points basis. Even the lowly-ranked and desperate universities don't usually abandon all standards completely.
Reply 9
I've known quite a few people who have got them applying to do art.. because they look at your portfolio and so know you can draw :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Good bloke
It is more likely that his AS results already took him beyond the requirements on a UCAS tariff points basis. Even the lowly-ranked and desperate universities don't usually abandon all standards completely.

Oh okay! That's cool :smile:
Reply 11
I got an unconditional from Aberdeen last year, despite applying in Year 13 - I'm not entirely sure why, but it does happen. People applying for art-related courses also got unconditionals.

The vast majority of people with unconditionals however will be applicants on their gap years, or some Scottish applicants who are doing sixth year, and whose fifth year results met the requirements.
Reply 12
Yeah Scottish students can get unconditionals based on their 5th year results, since unis here tend not to ask for advanced highers (depending on the course, I know a couple of people who got five As in their highers and have conditionals.)

Latest

Trending

Trending