The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Aberystwyth Entrance exam

Is anyone else doing the Aberystwyth entrance exam in the 9th February?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i was thinking of it, should i?
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
Original post by looking0ut
i was thinking of it, should i?

Do it, you’ve got nothing to lose
Reply 3
Original post by rubyleah2006
Is anyone else doing the Aberystwyth entrance exam in the 9th February?

I am, I happen to be doing the Information Studies and History exams. It wouldn't hurt getting an Unconditional!
Reply 4
Original post by JH_06

I am, I happen to be doing the Information Studies and History exams. It wouldn't hurt getting an Unconditional!

That’s my goal to, to get an unconditional offer. I’m doing both human and physical geography
Reply 5
That’s my goal to, to get an unconditional offer. I’m doing both human and physical geography

AHHH omg me too!!! Best of luck to you! (Not too much though as you are my competition) 💗💗💗💗
Reply 6
Good luck
Reply 7

hi! I'm doing the exact same as you!! good luck tomorrow you'll ace it!
Reply 8
Original post by reyhanaa
AHHH omg me too!!! Best of luck to you! (Not too much though as you are my competition) 💗💗💗💗

haha I'm also doing the same! good luck to you you'll do great!
Reply 9
Good luck to everyone !!!
Reply 10
Omg yess good luckkk !! I'm doing psychology and chemistry but the fact that there aren't any mark schemes or any pass mark anywhere is concerning because i have absolutely no idea what i am aiming for
Reply 11
Last minute studying tonight.
Goodluck everyone!
Reply 12
Original post by 12573y
Omg yess good luckkk !! I'm doing psychology and chemistry but the fact that there aren't any mark schemes or any pass mark anywhere is concerning because i have absolutely no idea what i am aiming for

It’s so difficult to know how to get the best marks
Reply 13
It’s so difficult to know how to get the best marks

NO LITERALLY THIS. Most say "describe" so I'm saying they'll be 15 markers? Like my u4 geog exam is 2hr30 for 3 22 markers so idk, I'm just calculating it from there. Good luck though!
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 14
How did yall tests go yesterday? Personally, I don't think I did well at all.
Reply 15
Original post by phily4

Well, some of the questions in my Information Studies paper was the same for the 4th year in a row, so I believed I did alright tbh, predicted Vietnam on my History - World paper two!
Im sure you’ve done alright, I wouldn’t worry too much
Reply 16
Same some of the questions were the same which really helped
Reply 17
Original post by phily4

I think it went well but i did sociology and criminology and found it hard to know in what way the exams will be marked like for example how many marks each question was.
Reply 18
Original post by phily4

I don't think I did particularly well either. I had 4 questions that I planned for and only 2 of them came up - which meant I had to bluff the other 2.
I'm sure we've all done ok. There was only me and another girl (who graduated from my sixth form in 2022) that were there (bare in mind my sixth form has about 300~ students)
Hey! I'm Mostafa - a current student and ambassador for the university.

We wish you all the best on your entrance exams. If you have any questions you'd like answered from a current student, please don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest