The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I do English Language, Politics and Philosophy, and it completely varies across each.

English I do very little (mostly because I've already done this semesters topics at A level), if any at all. Most I've done in any one lecture is about half a page.

Politics I do quite a bit, but not excessive amounts. If I miss anything, I can catch up with it on Moodle (our virtual learning website), and it's often better to listen to the lecturer to catch what they are saying, rather than writing down copious amounst.

Philosophy I take maybe a page in lectures... but this really is brief notes, and not structured at all. When I get home, I have to go over what I've written and redo parts that I've not expanded on.

I find it helps for the most part, rather than having to catch up on all my notes later on.
Reply 2
Bloody loads for chemistry, with all the mechanisms and diagrams and stuff.
Not a lot for psychology - I find the information I need just sticks in my head.
Depends on the subject for biology - some of it just sticks, some of it I know won't.

Most is seven pages in one lecture, but that's with quite complicated mechanisms with arrows all over the place, and quite spaced out so I can see what's going on. Least is nothing at all.
Reply 3
Very little.

I like to make my own notes of the lecture slides at my own pace in my own time later on, so if i do take any notes it's only because the teacher said something that isn't on the actual slide (this happens rarely...)

I mainly go to lectures so when I do make notes at home later on, my brain is already familiar with what the lecture is on.

Many many studying/note taking methods... keep trying different ones and you're bound to find something that works for you :smile:
Reply 4
About a page or so since we get lecture slides, I just tend to note down the extra information the lecturer mentions that are not on the slides.
Vertebrate Biology: About 7 pages worth of notes typed up. Need to add about another 7 more of extra from books.

Microbes and Disease: Roughly about 7 pages. Again 3-7 extra pages worth of notes.

Ecosystems: About 7 pages per lecture with 3 pages of notes.

Research Methods: About 3 pages worth its mostly stats stuff and how to layout proposals/reports/and stuff for write ups. Its yr3 IR stuff we need to know.

I type my notes from my written notes both from myself and my notetaker and from powerpoint and my recorded lectures.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
It depends. In Audit & Assurance I can easily take 5 pages, but someone who uses the notes she gives out might only write a couple of sentences on the sheet.
Reply 7
It varies each lecture. Most I've written is about 8 pages.
3-4 pages of examples - Maths & Stats
For history of art, normally around 5/6 sides of A4 of solid writing.
Original post by rukz
Whats the most and least amount of pages you have done?
also for what subject?
and does it help note taking?

I use a pen and a notebook for the lectures, note taking can be helpful to remember some important notes.

For the seminars, i bring most of my notes with me.

I'm doing TV and Film Set Design and it does help to do some note taking, you won't able to remember everything a year later for revsion
Reply 11
All the lecture notes are posted online at my Uni so I don't bother to write as much.
Reply 12
I almost never make written notes in lectures...
Reply 13
least amount was 1 word and then some scribbles, that was in a lecture, the most was in a seminar well its for a logbook where you pretty much read / understand and rewrite the whole book in the logbook to help you with a test.

Taking notes helps in lectures, but most of the time the outline is usually up on blackboard, so take notes of what isnt being shown on the projector. Seminars some units require you to take more notes than others.

Business and IT Student

Latest

Trending

Trending