The Student Room Group

oxford interview

my MAT was not so good i think...
but i would know a pratical thing: can you use paper or a blackboard to explain what you think or you have to do it only by speaking?
thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by moritzplatz
but i would know a pratical thing: can you use paper or a blackboard to explain what you think or you have to do it only by speaking?
thanks!

Why dont you apply for philosophy?
Reply 2
because i don't like it...
the question could seem strange but i'm not english, and so for me would be more difficoult to explain only by speaking!
Reply 3
thanks!

I was given paper to use at my Cambridge interview, I presume it will be the same at Oxford. It would be pretty hard for anyone to explain maths without writing anything down, so I don't think you need to worry about this :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by sonofdot
I was given paper to use at my Cambridge interview, I presume it will be the same at Oxford. It would be pretty hard for anyone to explain maths without writing anything down, so I don't think you need to worry about this :smile:

Reply 5
I don't mind writing on paper or on a white board (prefer white board though) but if I have to write on a chalkboard I will go MENTAL (if I get an interview)
Reply 6
Original post by anshul95
I don't mind writing on paper or on a white board (prefer white board though) but if I have to write on a chalkboard I will go MENTAL (if I get an interview)

:smile:
in italy we have only chalkboard at school, i'm used to it :biggrin:
Reply 7
I think its the scratching which annoys me the most and btw moritsplatz you shouldn't worry as you're an international applicant and therefore oxford are likely to favour you (as you bring in more money!!!)
Reply 8
I think its the scratching which annoys me the most and btw moritsplatz you shouldn't worry as you're an international applicant and therefore oxford are likely to favour you (as you bring in more money!!!)

looking at the statistics about admission i'm not so confident as you :smile:
http://www.ox.ac.uk/about_the_university/facts_and_figures/undergraduate_admissions_statistics/index.html
Reply 9
looking at the statistics about admission i'm not so confident as you :smile:
http://www.ox.ac.uk/about_the_university/facts_and_figures/undergraduate_admissions_statistics/index.html

I'm not an international student but what I think is that due to teaching budgets being cut one of the ways they can recooperate this cost is through having more international applicants. Unis like Oxford have huge international appeal and therefore are quite likely to do this
Reply 10
I'm not an international student but what I think is that due to teaching budgets being cut one of the ways they can recooperate this cost is through having more international applicants. Unis like Oxford have huge international appeal and therefore are quite likely to do this

yeah but i'm italian not chinese.

anyway, you are definitely given paper at interviews, moreover most of the interviewer are so kind to write down the questions if you don't understand them talking...

Quick Reply

Latest