The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Is Nottingham really that dangerous?

Scroll to see replies

It's all lies.

Today someone on Lenton Boulevard scowled menacingly at an old lady in a red coat, before realising she wasn't a post box and politely apologised before moving on.

Danger still lurks on every corner, kids. Don't come to Nottingham. Go to Derby instead, where crime is merely a threat to scare children into sleeping at night.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Not really more than anywhere else. It's only if you get yourself involved with the wrong people or go looking for trouble that you can expect to find it.
Original post by Rascacielos
Not really more than anywhere else. It's only if you get yourself involved with the wrong people or go looking for trouble that you can expect to find it.

Thank you

For both the neg rep and the dull, tedious reply.

Much appreciated on all counts.
Original post by cunningstunt87
Thank you

For both the neg rep and the dull, tedious reply.

Much appreciated on all counts.

Pleasure. I give it where it's due.
Pleasure. I give it where it's due.

I'm guessing you don't have much by the way of a sense of humour? I have a spare sense of humour I might let you borrow sometime. But only if you continue to pollute this board with more dour posts.

Deal?
I'm guessing you don't have much by the way of a sense of humour? I have a spare sense of humour I might let you borrow sometime. But only if you continue to pollute this board with more dour posts.

Deal?

I have an excellent sense of humour... I think the issue is rather your inability to accept criticism.
Reply 86
Original post by Cll_ws
make it out to be?
I'd like to study in Nottingham, but obviously haven't ever experienced living there and don't know what the City is really like.
The course in Nottingham seems perfect, but I can't help but be put of by the media making it out to be some sort of crime-ridden city on the decline.
I know I probably shouldn't listen to all the media stuff, but...

How true is it? and have you had any bad experiences?
The more worrying part of it would be when I have to move into a house 2nd year, ha.

no i live in nottingham, the meadows which is supposed to be rough however its fine, just depends if your at the wrong place at the wrong time, say 3am in the morning walking through dark alleways and streets or something then something may happen just like anywhere really
Reply 87
When I went up there to watch Russell Howard it seemed very clean and modern. But hey, they don't call it shottingham for nothing :P
I have an excellent sense of humour... I think the issue is rather your inability to accept criticism.

Where was the criticism? I posted a tongue in cheek remark, you waffled an inane cliché in attempt to boost your post count and I pulled you up on it.

Now where do I send this spare sense of humour? I want it back next week though.
Original post by TomTailby
When I went up there to watch Russell Howard it seemed very clean and modern. But hey, they don't call it shottingham for nothing :P

I don't know what makes you a bigger idiot, Going to see Russell Howard or thinking that Shottingham is original...
Reply 90
I don't know what makes you a bigger idiot, Going to see Russell Howard or thinking that Shottingham is original...

I took my girlfriend to watch him as a gift, I'd have much preferred bill bailey....but yeah I said it was modern and clean! gees some people are hard to please.
I took my girlfriend to watch him as a gift, I'd have much preferred bill bailey....but yeah I said it was modern and clean! gees some people are hard to please.

Nottingham is officially the cleanest big city! :smile:

http://www.mynottingham.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=13748

LOL!

Bill Baileys been running the same old gags for years.

I'm not hard to please, I just don't tolerate fools.

But hey, they don't call it shottingham for nothing :P

This makes you look like a bit of an idiot. Especially with that smiley on the end of your sentence.
Reply 93
Stereotypes exist for a reason. I think the very fact you are unsure and have to ask this question says it all
Original post by Adidas90
Stereotypes exist for a reason. I think the very fact you are unsure and have to ask this question says it all

I think the fact you needed to post this clichéd crap says a lot more about you than it does about Nottingham.
Reply 95
I think the fact you needed to post this clichéd crap says a lot more about you than it does about Nottingham.

lol. Nottingham is a fuking dive, and the OP knows it that's why the thread was made. You can keep kidding yourself and denying it though.
Reply 96

Yes, it had reason to exist 7 years ago, but stereotypes die slowly. This is mainly because of people who aren't actually personally familiar with Nottingham constantly repeating it because they heard some stuff on the news 10 years ago, even though they don't actually have a clue whether things have improved or not.
lol. Nottingham is a fuking dive, and the OP knows it that's why the thread was made. You can keep kidding yourself and denying it though.

'lol'
Reply 98
'lol'

Don't worry, I understand you may have no real prospects though being a student at Nottingham, and you're angry for it
Where was the criticism? I posted a tongue in cheek remark, you waffled an inane cliché in attempt to boost your post count and I pulled you up on it.

Now where do I send this spare sense of humour? I want it back next week though.

Criticism coming from me neg repping you post and you not liking it.

Who are you to say clichés aren't true? I spend an awful lot of time in Nottingham, and from experience (and actually, from my common sense), it seems that staying out of trouble is the best way to err... stay out of trouble. Not sure what your problem is with that. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending