The Student Room Group

Will Everton get relegated in 2022/23?

Poll

Will Everton get relegated this season?

After a dramatic escape last season, Everton is struggling again with 5 losses from 7 and faces another relegation battle, going into the break 1 point above the relegation zone. Will this be the year they go down?

Scroll to see replies

Someone created the same thread last season. I said I was 100% confident they would stay up and although it went to the wire they did.

I’m not familiar with most of the players in these teams now so I could easily say “I prefer not to speak like I’m Jose”, but I am looking for 3 teams worse than Everton. I see Southampton and Wolves who can’t score goals. Then I am struggling, I think Everton are stronger than Bournemouth and Forest, so I will say Everton will stay up. They have Coady and Tarkowski who are reliable defenders.

If we are being honest though their lineup / squad is pretty ****. Imagine your best player being Anthony Gordon.
Original post by 8013
After a dramatic escape last season, Everton is struggling again with 5 losses from 7 and faces another relegation battle, going into the break 1 point above the relegation zone. Will this be the year they go down?

Nottingham Forest, Southampton and Bournemouth. To go down for me personally.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Currently Everton is in the relegation zone on goal difference.
Will they finally go down this season?
They should've sacked Lampard before the World Cup to give a new manager more time but instead they will sack him in the next couple of weeks, make some more mad decisions in the transfer market before hiring someone :rolleyes:
Original post by 8013

Nottingham Forest, AFC Bournemouth, Southampton. To go down.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Mohammed_80
Nottingham Forest, AFC Bournemouth, Southampton. To go down.

This is exactly what I predicted before the season started on the official predictions thread.

People need to sit down and realise the big boys are talking…

Everton won’t get relegated for sure though because of Goodison Park. They definitely should have sold Anthony Gordon toy Tottenham though for £60 million last summer. He’s shite.
Original post by Zerforax
They should've sacked Lampard before the World Cup to give a new manager more time but instead they will sack him in the next couple of weeks, make some more mad decisions in the transfer market before hiring someone :rolleyes:

They’ll probably take points from Liverpool though at Anfield. If Graham Potter gets sacked I’m sure they’ll to try to bring in him, hey even Tottenham would be looking at him and get rid of Conte. Lampard isn’t a great manager at all to be honest.
Original post by Driving_Mad
This is exactly what I predicted before the season started on the official predictions thread.

People need to sit down and realise the big boys are talking…

Everton won’t get relegated for sure though because of Goodison Park. They definitely should have sold Anthony Gordon toy Tottenham though for £60 million last summer. He’s shite.

They’ll probably take points from Liverpool though at Anfield. If Graham Potter gets sacked I’m sure they’ll to try to bring in him, hey even Tottenham would be looking at him and get rid of Conte. Lampard isn’t a great manager at all to be honest.

Anthony Gordon isn’t worth £60 million the only reason he’s valued at that is because of English tax, and his contract length.
Reply 8
Currently Everton is in the relegation zone, 1 point adrift of safety. Will they finally go down?
Reply 9
I think they scrape safety.
Reply 10
Original post by gjd800
I think they scrape safety.

Last season they scraped through by 4 points, so same as last season?
Original post by 8013
Currently Everton is in the relegation zone, 1 point adrift of safety. Will they finally go down?

The same talk was said last season and they stayed up. They won’t get relegated because of Goodison Park and they have some decent players better than Forest, Bournemouth and Wolves. However, I can see them getting relegated in the next 2 seasons if they don’t invest in the squad.

I think Pickford will leave to Tottenham for example.

They should sack Lampard and bring in Sean Dyche. I don’t understand how you can pick Lampard over Dyche as manager of Everton.
Investment isn't the problem - they've spunked so much money up the wall.

Poor recruitment of players, poor recruitment of managing staff, toxic fans, terrible owners. All that is contributing to Everton's decline.
Hope they dont
But Everton are easily the worst run club in England. Need a regeneration somehow but nobody will touch them. Unfortunate that they didnt hire Arteta I guess, hed have taken it.
Reply 14
Ancelotti took that job as a holiday
Original post by Zürich
Hope they dont
But Everton are easily the worst run club in England. Need a regeneration somehow but nobody will touch them. Unfortunate that they didnt hire Arteta I guess, hed have taken it.

Any buyer will be scared off as the club has agreed to build the new stadium, which is really expensive.
Reply 16
After their loss in the derby, Everton sits in the relegation zone, 1 point adrift of safety.

Can Dyche save them?
Original post by 8013
After their loss in the derby, Everton sits in the relegation zone, 1 point adrift of safety.

Can Dyche save them?

Yes I think Dyche will be the trump card that saves them.

Sure they lost the derby match - but who expects to pick up 3 points at Anfield? Also they got 3 points against league leaders Arsenal.
I hope they stay up, they need to pay for their new stadium
Reply 19
Original post by Zerforax
Yes I think Dyche will be the trump card that saves them.

Sure they lost the derby match - but who expects to pick up 3 points at Anfield? Also they got 3 points against league leaders Arsenal.

true, nobody can handle the might of Liverpool at Anfield, but even getting a result where Liverpool play away would be tough.

Quick Reply

Latest