The Student Room Group

Post your desk!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by APonderingMind
Everyone's desk seems so cluttered...

In my opinion, a cluttered yet organised desk is how it should be.
A noncluttered desk is a lot like a keyring with few keys! Just wrong!
Original post by lonely14
Hmmmm, It's really neat. :tea:

And thanks for reminding me that I need to do my revision now! :colondollar:

:tee:

Yes you better start revising Mister!

Original post by RNBen
I am actually in love with your desk. It has inspired me.

That is nice to hear. :tongue:

Original post by lonelykatana
In my opinion, a cluttered yet organised desk is how it should be.
A noncluttered desk is a lot like a keyring with few keys! Just wrong!

I only ever carry 2 keys - door key and locker key :rolleyes: I can't stand working on a cluttered desk, it demotivates me!
Reply 382
I ended up changing my desk around... /obsessive

I get a new netbook on Christmas :biggrin:
Also that TV is new because my stepdad accidentally broke my other one ¬_¬
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 383
Original post by mrnightcat
My desk here in China. If you're wondering why it's all cutesy, it's because I live here with my girlfriend and I'm happy to give her free reign with decoration. Besides, I'd only turn it formal and minimalistic, and when I'm sitting studying Chinese till 3am listening to Faye Wong's entire collection, it's nice to have something smiley to look at, right?

The desk is a mix of half-mine-half-hers.

I think your desk is awesome. Just the right mix of minimalistic and cutesy. Maybe a bit small, but otherwise awesome.
Reply 384
Original post by Griffin23
Plus rep for the KRK's :cool:

Know that, only rocking the RP5's, man i need sub.
Original post by Marshyy
Know that, only rocking the RP5's, man i need sub.

Still some badass monitors. Is that a micro Korg i spot also ?

Sweet set up :borat:
Reply 386
Still some badass monitors. Is that a micro Korg i spot also ?

Sweet set up :borat:

Is indeed mate, got the Roland MC-303 above that too. Got the Zoom Sampletrak ST-224 sampler on the desk, but these 3 all stay at home when i go back to uni and i just take my laptop, KRK's, Axiom and my interface. See we're both rocking the Axiom 49 looking at your pic on the first page!
Original post by Marshyy
Is indeed mate, got the Roland MC-303 above that too. Got the Zoom Sampletrak ST-224 sampler on the desk, but these 3 all stay at home when i go back to uni and i just take my laptop, KRK's, Axiom and my interface. See we're both rocking the Axiom 49 looking at your pic on the first page!

So what software do you use?

Yeah man my set up ain't nothing compared to yours :eek:
Reply 388
I don't have one, I use my bed. I use it as a desk, a seat, eat on it, revise on eat, sleep on it...
It's great you can lie down whilst revising and everything
Reply 389
Original post by Marshyy

What's that metal thing your laptop is on? :holmes:
Reply 390
Original post by alissasantiago
What's that metal thing your laptop is on? :holmes:

Just a laptop stand i got off ebay, fucking great if you have a keyboard or something you want to put underneath like me though.

This is the one i got, but if you just type in 'laptop stand' you should find similiar for like £20ish.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Griffin-Elevator-Laptop-Stand-Apple-MacBook-Pro-UK-/380300705070?pt=UK_Computing_Apple_Mac_Accessories&hash=item588bb03d2e#ht_1721wt_1141
Reply 391
So what software do you use?

Yeah man my set up ain't nothing compared to yours :eek:

Cheers mate, i'm using Logic 8 at the moment, really need to upgrade! Guessing you're using Pro Tools, i saw the Mbox?
Original post by Marshyy
Cheers mate, i'm using Logic 8 at the moment, really need to upgrade! Guessing you're using Pro Tools, i saw the Mbox?

Yeah I'm a Pro Tools guy don't shoot me :tongue: along side that I use Reason 5

Hoping to upgrade to Pro Tools 9 over the holidays
Reply 393
Original post by Marshyy
Just a laptop stand i got off ebay, fucking great if you have a keyboard or something you want to put underneath like me though.

This is the one i got, but if you just type in 'laptop stand' you should find similiar for like £20ish.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Griffin-Elevator-Laptop-Stand-Apple-MacBook-Pro-UK-/380300705070?pt=UK_Computing_Apple_Mac_Accessories&hash=item588bb03d2e#ht_1721wt_1141

Ooh, nice! :teeth:
That should stop it over heating. :mad:
Reply 394
Original post by alissasantiago
Ooh, nice! :teeth:
That should stop it over heating. :mad:

Yeah works wonders for that, i got mine at that height to prop over my keyboard though. You can get a small stand that stops the overheating for like a tenner on ebay!
Reply 395
Yeah I'm a Pro Tools guy don't shoot me :tongue: along side that I use Reason 5

Hoping to upgrade to Pro Tools 9 over the holidays

Haha na i use Pro Tools at Uni, still can't see the advantages over Logic myself though!

Yeah i'm tempted to get pro tools 9 so i can do my uni shit at home, with 9 you don't need pro tools dedicated hardware like mboxes which is pretty cool.
Original post by Marshyy
Haha na i use Pro Tools at Uni, still can't see the advantages over Logic myself though!

Yeah i'm tempted to get pro tools 9 so i can do my uni shit at home, with 9 you don't need pro tools dedicated hardware like mboxes which is pretty cool.

To each their own :cool:

Yeah thats cool now you don't need a fixed interface opens up new possibilities :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
wow this thread is still alive
Original post by kristinaalovesu
wow this thread is still alive

On its last legs though :tongue:
Original post by lonelykatana
On its last legs though :tongue:

Surely someone will revive it :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending