The Student Room Group

can you transfer unis

without having to begin the year again?

My boyfriend is really unhappy at his uni but wants to finish the year out before he drops out, I was just wondering is it possible for him to leave the uni he is at and begin at another one as a second year instead of a first? Does it depend on the uni?

Anybody had any experience with this?

Thankyou for help :smile:
Reply 1
It depends on the uni and how similar the course is. This might help.
Reply 2
He will need to contact whichever university he wants to transfer to and see if the modules he has taken this year are compatible with theirs. If they are and the uni has space, there shouldn't be any problem with transferring.
1. Most unis do not accept transfers.
2. Most of those that do, do not accept 2nd year transfers.

It's tough. Need to speak to departments individually. It is possible though. I did it.
Reply 4
Is it possible to change from one course to another and then back to the same course in the same university? In my case, from microbiology to pharmacy and then back to microbiology because funny enough, i'm not socially competent for my course; that is, I dont talk to people or so it seems
Original post by E-man 07
Is it possible to change from one course to another and then back to the same course in the same university? In my case, from microbiology to pharmacy and then back to microbiology because funny enough, i'm not socially competent for my course; that is, I dont talk to people or so it seems

Stop spamming this in numerous threads. You've already been answered.

No. Grow up and pick a course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending