The Student Room Group

Changing uni course

Hello :smile: i am currently in first year at uni doing an undergraduate course, i have decided that this course is not for me however i went onto the UCAS website and noticed that applications are closed for september 2024, can i still apply to new courses at the same uni through clearing and how would i withdraw my current course application?
Original post by jpat3l
Hello :smile: i am currently in first year at uni doing an undergraduate course, i have decided that this course is not for me however i went onto the UCAS website and noticed that applications are closed for september 2024, can i still apply to new courses at the same uni through clearing and how would i withdraw my current course application?

Do you want to stay at your current university or go to a different university?

You wouldn’t normally need to use UCAS for an internal transfer. The process should be explained in your student handbook.

UCAS isn’t closed for September starts. The equal consideration deadline has passed but applications can still be submitted late.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Do you want to stay at your current university or go to a different university?
You wouldn’t normally need to use UCAS for an internal transfer. The process should be explained in your student handbook.
UCAS isn’t closed for September starts. The equal consideration deadline has passed but applications can still be submitted late.

I am looking at both options either to stay at my current university or change university’s. Would it still be considered as internal transfer if im changing my course and redoing the whole of first year again? How can i still submit a late application if UCAS will not allow me to start an undergraduate application on their website? Would i just have to call up clearing when the clearing lines are open?
Original post by jpat3l
Would it still be considered as internal transfer if im changing my course and redoing the whole of first year again?

Yes, still internal.
Original post by jpat3l
How can i still submit a late application if UCAS will not allow me to start an undergraduate application on their website?

UCAS will still let you submit an application through to the 4th of July. If you can't pick a specific course then it has closed to applications.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
Yes, still internal.
UCAS will still let you submit an application through to the 4th of July. If you can't pick a specific course then it has closed to applications.

Yes it won’t let me apply to the course via UCAS. Would they still consider clearing?
Original post by jpat3l
Yes it won’t let me apply to the course via UCAS. Would they still consider clearing?

Only if the course is available then. If it's closed to applications now then it is unlikely.

You can always call up the uni and ask, they might be able to give some indication.
Reply 6
Only if the course is available then. If it's closed to applications now then it is unlikely.
You can always call up the uni and ask, they might be able to give some indication.

Okay thank you! I’ve applied for an internal transfer today and sent off my application to my uni. Will that affect my SFE at all as my payment is due next week
Original post by jpat3l
Okay thank you! I’ve applied for an internal transfer today and sent off my application to my uni. Will that affect my SFE at all as my payment is due next week

Not unless you enrol somewhere else. Otherwise it's just an application and is completely unrelated to your current SFE arrangement.
Reply 8
Not unless you enrol somewhere else. Otherwise it's just an application and is completely unrelated to your current SFE arrangement.

Okay i just wanted to make sure as if this internal transfer application gets approved i will be withdrawn from my current course. How long usually do applications get actioned/approved after submitting the internal transfer application?
Original post by jpat3l
Okay i just wanted to make sure as if this internal transfer application gets approved i will be withdrawn from my current course. How long usually do applications get actioned/approved after submitting the internal transfer application?

Sorry, the process is slightly different for an internal transfer. Essentially the question you need to ask your uni is if they approve the swap, would they then revert back to you to confirm that you want to proceed.

if so, that’s the point that they will notify SFE of the course change.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending