The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Transfer to Strathclyde

Hi,
i am an international business student from Glasgow caledonian uni. I am in my first year and i was considering a transfer to Strathclyde for my second year because Strathclyde was my firm, I got a conditional but i didnt meet my requirements and ever since i have been thinking about changing uni. Do you think its possible? how would I do it?
Original post by paulmadassery
Hi,
i am an international business student from Glasgow caledonian uni. I am in my first year and i was considering a transfer to Strathclyde for my second year because Strathclyde was my firm, I got a conditional but i didnt meet my requirements and ever since i have been thinking about changing uni. Do you think its possible? how would I do it?

hey, did you manage to transfer eventually?
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Hey @Frenchrose,

I hope you're having a nice week so far!

I see you've responded to this post about transferring, are you thinking of doing the same? If so let me know and I can help you with your options :smile:

Karen
University of Strathclyde Official Rep.
Original post by University of Strathclyde
Hey @Frenchrose,

I see you've responded to this post about transferring, are you thinking of doing the same? If so let me know and I can help you with your options :smile:

Karen

hey,

I wondered, if I attended the 1st year of a LLB Hons degree (doing English law) and had to commute but found it quite arduous, would it be possible to transfer to Strathclyde Uni? I have just found out that an English law Hons degree is actually offered at Strathclyde.
Hey @Frenchrose,

That's great you're thinking of transferring to Strathclyde!

I graduated last year with a Scots and English (Hons) LLB and I'm currently doing the Diploma in Professional Legal Practice at Strathclyde.

Is there anything you want to know about the course?

Melissa- Student Ambassador
Original post by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Hey @Frenchrose,

I graduated last year with a Scots and English (Hons) LLB and I'm currently doing the Diploma in Professional Legal Practice at Strathclyde.

Hey Melissa,

I was only wondering if it was actually possible to transfer to Strathclyde as I know some universities do not allow any transfers whatsoever or allow them only for a number of courses.
Original post by Frenchrose
Hey Melissa,

I was only wondering if it was actually possible to transfer to Strathclyde as I know some universities do not allow any transfers whatsoever or allow them only for a number of courses.

Hey!

That does tend to be the case I'm afraid, transfers can be a tough one because the course content you may have studied in your first year at another university may not be in line with the course you wish to transfer onto at another. Even if they are primarily the same degree title. I would say there is no harm in following this up with the department as they would be able to look at it on an individual basis for you.

I hope this helps!
Have a lovely day and if there is anything else then let us know :smile:

Karen
Reply 7
Hey @Frenchrose,

Karen

Hi, I want to transfer to University of strathclyde. Currently I'm studying at Glasgow Caledonian University. So can you help me and tell me if I can do?
Original post by MABBAS2
Hi, I want to transfer to University of strathclyde. Currently I'm studying at Glasgow Caledonian University. So can you help me and tell me if I can do?

Hello @MABBAS2 :smile: What is it you're studying at the moment, and what would like to study at Strathclyde? Transfers aren't always considered I'm afraid as competition for courses are really competitive, but if you let me know what you'd like to study I'll provide the appropriate email address for you to get in touch with and ask. We'd ask you to send your current transcript to our departments to work out how closely the curriculum you've studied can match up with ours.

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Reply 9
Hello @MABBAS2 :smile: What is it you're studying at the moment, and what would like to study at Strathclyde? Transfers aren't always considered I'm afraid as competition for courses are really competitive, but if you let me know what you'd like to study I'll provide the appropriate email address for you to get in touch with and ask. We'd ask you to send your current transcript to our departments to work out how closely the curriculum you've studied can match up with ours.

Hi, thank you for your response. I'm currently studying Electronic and Electrical engineering BEng, and I will like to study the same course at University of strathclyde
Original post by MABBAS2
Hi, thank you for your response. I'm currently studying Electronic and Electrical engineering BEng, and I will like to study the same course at University of strathclyde

Hello @MABBAS2 :biggrin: Thanks very much! Can you send an email to [email protected] to enquire, including your transcript and course details? Include any other relevant info too (e.g. Highers/other qualifications). The Engineering department will be able to advise on this :smile:

Best of luck!
Original post by MABBAS2

Hey why do u want to transfer from GCU to Strathclyde, knowing it ll be more expensive in Strathclyde. Is GCU not worth it? Is it not good over there?
Hey @Frenchrose,

Hi

Does strathclyde university accept Undergraduate transfer from Europe. E.g Italy? Thank you
Hey @Frenchrose,

Hey there

Are all lecturers English native? The majority of lecturers at uni of Aberdeen are foreigners and find it so difficult to keep focused during lectures.

Do you think a transfer at Strathclyde at year 3 would be possible? I’m currently at year 2 doing Scots and English law LLB Hons and would be happy to transfer to an English law degree only.

Many thanks!
Original post by Frenchrose
Hey there

Are all lecturers English native? The majority of lecturers at uni of Aberdeen are foreigners and find it so difficult to keep focused during lectures.

Do you think a transfer at Strathclyde at year 3 would be possible? I’m currently at year 2 doing Scots and English law LLB Hons and would be happy to transfer to an English law degree only.

Many thanks!

Hi @Frenchrose 🙂 Did you apply through UCAS this year? Generally transfers to third year aren't possible but you'd apply through UCAS if you wanted to re-apply here. The UCAS deadline was at the end of January.

You could send your current transcripts and grades to see if we'd be able to consider you for transfer. Their email address is [email protected] 📧 We offer the LLB Law with Scots law (and teach English law modules within the degree if that's your area of interest - we no longer offer the dual LLB).

With regards to the lectures, we're an international university and our staff come from all over the world so I can't say for sure but I'd imagine you'll have international lecturers 🙂 If you're struggling with this at your current institution I'd recommend reaching out to your advisor of studies so they can support you.

Caitlin 🎓️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending