The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

the word bomb is really dreaded now a days !!!
Reply 2
Michael Beaver
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/3412123.stm

Actually it sounds like she had it coming. Wonder if she'll get the chair?

There are signs all over US airports warning people in big red letters NOT to make amusing "terrorist" and "bomb" jokes and it is well known that the nice folks at US Immigration/Customs have a serious sense of humor defecit.

No sympathy I'm afraid.
Reply 3
I think there are even posters at American airports where it says: "No weapons- No jokes!" Personally I find it ridiculous. I wouldn't make any silly jokes, I'd be too afraid that some cowboy policeman might shoot me or that they'll jail without trial me for 10 years for having endangered national security. You never know. They held a pensioner in custody for two weeks because his name was the same as one of their "Most Wanted". Silly.
Reply 4
B00kwOrm
I think there are even posters at American airports where it says: "No weapons- No jokes!" Personally I find it ridiculous. I wouldn't make any silly jokes, I'd be too afraid that some cowboy policeman might shoot me or that they'll jail without trial for 10 years for having endangered national security. You never know. They held a pensioner in custody for two weeks because his name was the same as one of their "Most Wanted". Silly.

Well, it's well known, or at least it is to any reasonable person, that Uncle Sam has no sense of humor. It's a shame, but, you make stupid jokes about bombs at your peril.
Reply 5
Howard
Well, it's well known, or at least it is to any reasonable person, that Uncle Sam has no sense of humor. It's a shame, but, you make stupid jokes about bombs at your peril.

Yes, true...
Reply 6
How dumb do you have to be? In a country where I can't even fly just because of my name. :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Lbar
How dumb do you have to be? In a country where I can't even fly just because of my name. :rolleyes:

What do you mean?
Reply 8
Lbar

The thing with the pensioner actually happened a while ago. They didn't realise that this couldn't possibly be the person they were looking for because he was about 30 years older than the guy on the "Most Wanted"- List. They didn't bother checking his birthdate. This is seriously scary.
People all over the world make hoax bomb threats, so if you say I have a bomb, how do you know the person is kidding or telling the truth.
Nothin is that clear, some people with bombs wont tell you they'll just blow you up, others will say I have a bomb. So what do you do when someone says I have a bomb.

The girl was stupid.

My uncle got arrested for jokin about bombs in a US Airport 13 years ago and he's from Oregon, before all thats gone on more recently.
Reply 10
hehe, i thought that was libs, i best keep my mouth shut cos i always get in troube for simiar stuff, especially saying look, if oyu are searching for bombs why have some fat queue before you can search them as a bomb would create huge damage here.
Reply 11
That is bloody disgusting. It was quite obviously a joke, a matter of jest. F***ing yanks need to be blown up at times. This is getting ridiculous.

Edit: Yeah I know they are annoying at times, but please check your posts for explicit language before posting them.Expression
Reply 12
Sire
F***ing yanks need to be blown up at times.

!

Some people will never learn :biggrin:
Reply 13
Personally i find what the woman did as immature and rediculous, however i am a bit dissapointed at the guy who said
"There's no room for playing games at security checkpoints.'

Does this mean i wont be getting my yo-yo out when i fly to America!!

Is that a bomb in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me!
Reply 14
LBF
Personally i find what the woman did as immature and rediculous, however i am a bit dissapointed at the guy who said
"There's no room for playing games at security checkpoints.'

Does this mean i wont be getting my yo-yo out when i fly to America!!

Is that a bomb in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me!

Did you know that they've added skateboards to the list of things you can't take to the passenger section on a plane? Apparently because it would make an ideal weapon, plus the wheels can be taken off to throw to injure, and possibly break a window.
Michael Beaver
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/3412123.stm

Actually it sounds like she had it coming. Wonder if she'll get the chair?

that was a silly thing to do wasn't it? she asked for it,when it comes to things like that even a joke can't be taken for a joke. Taking in to context people's growing fears about terroist attacks and recent events it's not on - she should get a life - you don't joke around with security, i mean come on the girl kept repeating she had the bomb, that is a joke gone too far.
Reply 16
Sire
Did you know that they've added skateboards to the list of things you can't take to the passenger section on a plane? Apparently because it would make an ideal weapon, plus the wheels can be taken off to throw to injure, and possibly break a window.

So they expect that a wheel can break a window? Yes, and no boubt that rock of mine, which I have stored in my luggage is not going to do the job.

Skateboard the ideal weapon? Unlikely, a gun made of austenitic stainless steel, undetectable by metal detectors is better. Though it is illegal to be made.
Reply 17
americans are paranoid
for example:

a woman in America went to a shop to buy a flight simulator for her 10 year-old boy. After she left the shop, the attendant who served her phoned the police, because they feared that the boy might grow up to be a terrorist. Later that day, the police broke down the door of the woman's house, and seized the game.
Reply 18
So they expect that a wheel can break a window? Yes, and no boubt that rock of mine, which I have stored in my luggage is not going to do the job.

Skateboard the ideal weapon? Unlikely, a gun made of austenitic stainless steel, undetectable by metal detectors is better. Though it is illegal to be made.

I can't fathom the mind of an American. By themselves they are fine. Put them in groups however, and you have a dangerous thing
Reply 19
I can understand detaining her, you can't make jokes like that, it's poor taste anyway. Jailtime on the other hand is just going to far, it was just a joke and I'm sure she'll never do it again. Why not a slap on the wrist or even a fine for the disruption that would be acceptable, but 1-15 yrs for a joke. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending