The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Dickie
americans are paranoid
for example:

a woman in America went to a shop to buy a flight simulator for her 10 year-old boy. After she left the shop, the attendant who served her phoned the police, because they feared that the boy might grow up to be a terrorist. Later that day, the police broke down the door of the woman's house, and seized the game.

Is that really true Dickie?
Reply 21
Dickie
americans are paranoid
for example:

a woman in America went to a shop to buy a flight simulator for her 10 year-old boy. After she left the shop, the attendant who served her phoned the police, because they feared that the boy might grow up to be a terrorist. Later that day, the police broke down the door of the woman's house, and seized the game.

I heard about that aswell, but it's not a true story.
Reply 22
Ehhhh what happened to the land where you were supposed to have 'freedom of speech'?!?!?!?!?!?
If you're actually carrying a bomb and are planning to blow up the plane, would you tell the security guard so that you are caught?!?!?! Then again, maybe some of the bombers are a bit stupid lol
Reply 23
'Never a truer word said i jest is a good phrase',
another is
'how fuc*ing stupid and immature can a person be'

Then again, im not too good at making memorable quotes
I think the stupid cow deserves evrything she gets. How thick can you be?
Reply 25
Sire
Is that really true Dickie?

hmm

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/28/34776.html

it appears that a few things got distorted by my memory, but the essentials are the same.

the related article on that page is quite interesting too.
Reply 26
nice rotten pictures, however the comedy head thats made of rubber is a give away that its fake. Oh well, ten outa ten for sick humour rotten!!
Reply 27
Dickie
hmm

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/28/34776.html

it appears that a few things got distorted by my memory, but the essentials are the same.

the related article on that page is quite interesting too.

Tell me you don't beleive everything you read. It never happened, it was just a hoax.
She is in fact Polish and said she had 3 bombs.

If she had said "i have a bomb"
maybe it would have been more obvious a stupid joke, but sayin 3 sounds like maybe you thought about it a bit, 3 is also a bigger threat than 1.

She'd been in the States 3 months she should have known.

Maybe she thought it was a good way to stay longer for free.
Reply 29

Maybe she thought it was a good way to stay longer for free.

oooh sneaky!! But quite clever lol Although she'll stay incarcarated unless she can get bail money.
Reply 30
BossLady
Ehhhh what happened to the land where you were supposed to have 'freedom of speech'?!?!?!?!?!?
If you're actually carrying a bomb and are planning to blow up the plane, would you tell the security guard so that you are caught?!?!?! Then again, maybe some of the bombers are a bit stupid lol

a little liberty must be sacrificed in order to maintain it. those who do not accept that, do not deserve liberty at all.
Reply 31
vienna95
a little liberty must be sacrificed in order to maintain it. those who do not accept that, do not deserve liberty at all.

True, but don't you think that 1-15 yrs is alittle harsh considering it was infact a joke.I know she probably won't serve that ammount but still. Wouldn't a fine for disruption be a better punishment?
Reply 32
Infinity
True, but don't you think that 1-15 yrs is alittle harsh considering it was infact a joke.I know she probably won't serve that ammount but still. Wouldn't a fine for disruption be a better punishment?

I believe eight months is overly harsh (lousy FA c***s...)

Edit: This is not a Rio thread, please read the posts in the thread, rather than just the most recent, before posting something off topic. Expression
Reply 33
ZJuwelH
I believe eight months is overly harsh (lousy FA c***s...)

Anything over afew hours detainment to verify it was infact a joke is harsh in my oppinion. I do think a fine should be layed down though.
Reply 34
Infinity

she will serve a small amount of time as a deterrent. im interested to hear the grounds on which this country will base its intervention..
Reply 35
Wont air marshals just make it easier for terrorists? They dont need to smuggle weapons on board, its done 4 them.
I can't believe she's facing 15 years in prison! In the UK, you get about 15 years for murdering someone.
Reply 37
phreek
Wont air marshals just make it easier for terrorists? They dont need to smuggle weapons on board, its done 4 them.

as far as i know, the air marshals have these weapons.
Reply 38
vienna95
as far as i know, the air marshals have these weapons.

They do. Roll the air marshall and voila, you instantly control the plane. In theory anyway. Back to the bomb issue though. It is just another sad American act. What is Britain going to do about this? Did she actually break any laws? Is sarcasm now a crime in a country where that is one of thier higher claims of intelligent humour?

Latest

Trending

Trending