The Student Room Group

Kingston or U of Greenwich?

Okay, so I have just one more choice to fill it's between Kingston and Greenwich. I'm taking Economics btw, and I've checked the league table but considering they're both in the bottom 100 (well more like Kingston's 86 and Greenchwich's 110) it doesn't seem to make much difference.

Any students from there? Which would be better for economics? What do you guys thinkg? :confused:
Reply 1
Which do you prefer?
Reply 2
Original post by Pheebs1201
Which do you prefer?

not sure. Just got back from greenwich open day and I'm like... :s-smilie: and wasn't able to attend kingston open day. Only seen the 3D 'tours' online...
I hear very good things about Kingston!
Reply 4
Original post by kylina
not sure. Just got back from greenwich open day and I'm like... :s-smilie: and wasn't able to attend kingston open day. Only seen the 3D 'tours' online...

I think Kingston is meant to have a fair rep considering its not the highest uni. If you werent keen on the open day then Id go for Kingston. You have another 4 youre applying to anyway right?
Original post by kylina

Original post by kylina
Okay, so I have just one more choice to fill it's between Kingston and Greenwich. I'm taking Economics btw, and I've checked the league table but considering they're both in the bottom 100 (well more like Kingston's 86 and Greenchwich's 110) it doesn't seem to make much difference.

Any students from there? Which would be better for economics? What do you guys thinkg? :confused:

You know which one i'm going to say.
It depends on which campus Greenwich would place you in. If it's their Maritime campus,

:sogood:

If, however, they place you in their Medway campus (:puke:), then I'd probably go for Kingston.
(edited 13 years ago)
For Economics their pretty useless/poor (though Greenwich would edge it out), though look and see which has more interesting modules. I'd just choose whichever course you liked the look of more.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by RamocitoMorales
It depends on which campus Greenwich would place you in. If it's their Maritime campus,

:sogood:

If, however, they place you in their Medway campus (:puke:), then I'd probably go for Kingston.

Because looks are everything right? :hmm:
Original post by CookieDoughLove
Because looks are everything right? :hmmm:

Right. :top:
Reply 10
Lol. Pictures do look nice and yeah, I'm pretty sure I'd be based in the maritime campus since econs is done there. IRL however.....mind you, it's winter when I went to look.
Original post by yoyo462001
For Economics their pretty useless/poor (though Greenwich would edge it out), though look and see which has more interesting modules. I'd just choose whichever course you liked the look of more.

So....Greenwich would be better than Kingston, subject-wise?

Original post by Pheebs1201
I think Kingston is meant to have a fair rep considering its not the highest uni. If you werent keen on the open day then Id go for Kingston. You have another 4 youre applying to anyway right?

Yeah, I've got 4 more. Kingston's higher on tables compared to greenwich at least according to thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk
why not apply to somewhere like Nottingham Trent
Original post by kylina
Yeah, I've got 4 more. Kingston's higher on tables compared to greenwich at least according to thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk

I didnt mean Kingston wasnt higher than Greenwich, I mean in general, its not one of the highest. However it still seems to get a pretty good review. So Id suggest picking Kingston, especially as Greenwich is so much lower.
Original post by kylina

Original post by kylina
Lol. Pictures do look nice and yeah, I'm pretty sure I'd be based in the maritime campus since econs is done there. IRL however.....mind you, it's winter when I went to look.

So....Greenwich would be better than Kingston, subject-wise?

I preferred the look of the Greenwich course because it had greater scope in it's econometric modules. This is why I had Greenwich edge it. Obviously this will differ for you.
Reply 14
Finally decided on Kingston ~ 'Kay guys, thanks for the replies.
Reply 15
everyone knows kingston is better
Reply 16
Everybody knows they are both rubbish

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending