The Student Room Group

Which is the most politically overt, agenda-pushing broadcaster?

Poll

Which is the most politically overt, agenda-pushing broadcaster?

Which one would you say overly attempts to push a political message and is ashamedly biased?
(edited 13 years ago)
I dont think we have anything like that in this country to be honest. Not to the extent of channels like fox news in the US.
Reply 2
Dave
Reply 3
Channel 4 is sensalionalist pap most of the time; so I would ally that with the daily mail.
Having said that it tends to be 'new age' and 'edgy', what with its emphasis on crude humour and lower-class lives; in that regard, it would be to a guardianista's labour/lib demographic.

BBC Three is pure council estate labour junkie tat.
BBC Four I guess is quite conservative..
Reply 4
Why does Channel 4 news have so many Asian presenters and reporters?
Reply 5
british news and newspapers are some of the most impartial in the entire world. people who 'refuse' to read the bbc website, or watch channel 4 or sky are just being petty over things like giving a conservative mp 25 more seconds air time than a lib dem or labour, which compared to some of the bile on fox news is ridiculous.
Sky, by a mile. BBC are obviously fairly neutral, Channel 4 seem to be fairly mild and ITV ... well nobody really watches ITV anyway. :wink:
Reply 7
Original post by Fusion
Why does Channel 4 news have so many Asian presenters and reporters?

Point?
in the UK - Sky maybe

in general Faux News
Reply 9
Channel Four News has a particular appeal to me and I will admit it is because I am a social liberal who deplores right-wing economics and read The Guardian, although the standard of reporting on that particular programme is so high high that their 'bias' manifests itself more in the stories they cover than the manner in which they cover stories.

The BBC used to be excellent and impartial but since the government began to threaten the BBC as an organisation, I have observed them drift to the right, presumably in an effort to appease the Tories. Newsnight is the only BBC news programme I bother with any more (unless Question Time counts) and their news channel is particularly bad.

ITV produces the amount of sensationalist, right-wing tat anyone would expect of such a low-quality broadcaster, but Sky News is even worse and more overtly biased than any other British television channel for its blatant pro-Conservative outlook. If the media becomes as deregulated as Murdoch and Cameron would like, I thoroughly expect Sky News to turn into the British equivalent of Fox 'News'.
Reply 10
Sky is bad but I actually think ITV is much worse. I also find the BBC to be highly biased.
Press TV. Out of that list it would be the BBC.
Reply 12
i find it ridiculous that people can accuse the BBC of showing both left wing and right wing bias, surely this means, as ever, that they are impartial.

The problem is, on both sides, people maybe see one small, isolated, minute incident, whereby a microscopic bias is perhaps applied, fly off the handle and play the victim card, which they love to do.

More often than not, these assertations are not made by what the people see/read themselves on said news network, but about what other people have said about what they have seen on whatever network, there is no impartiality regulation on internet blogs etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending