The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

BA broadcast journalism

Hi, anyone who is studying broadcast journalism at uni of salford please can you tell me what proportion of the assessments are timed exams? And are the exams hard and long? Thanks
Hi im currently doing the course at Salford and most of first year is assignments. Ive only done one timed assessment so far which was online and there are two more timed assignments im semester two. They aren’t hard but just get over 40% and you’ll be fine!
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi im currently doing the course at Salford and most of first year is assignments. Ive only done one timed assessment so far which was online and there are two more timed assignments im semester two. They aren’t hard but just get over 40% and you’ll be fine!

Hi, thank you so much, I'm starting the first year in September and that's such a relief!
Reply 3
👍👍
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, anyone who is studying broadcast journalism at uni of salford please can you tell me what proportion of the assessments are timed exams? And are the exams hard and long? Thanks

Hello,

Firstly it is amazing to see that you are interested in studying broadcast journalism at the University of Salford. I am a recent graduate of the same course so I believe I can help with your questions.

The only exam I sat was during the first year of the course, it was based on journalistic law, and you would need to pass this exam in order to continue your study into second year. This, however, is not as scary as it sounds as you are taught everything you need to know and have plenty of time to study and revise.

Apart from that exam, other assessments would consist of essays, presentations, or coursework. For the Broadcast Journalism course, a lot of the work you are assessed on is practical work, such as radio and TV packages that you will make throughout second and third year.

It is worth noting that optional modules that I did not pick may have exams attached to it, I am only going off my own experiences of the course and the optional modules I picked. Either way, I know this course leans a lot more towards assessing practical work then times exams.

I hope this does help and If you have any questions in the future do not hesitate to get in touch.

Matt ~ University of Salford Rep
Original post by University of Salford
Hello,
Firstly it is amazing to see that you are interested in studying broadcast journalism at the University of Salford. I am a recent graduate of the same course so I believe I can help with your questions.
The only exam I sat was during the first year of the course, it was based on journalistic law, and you would need to pass this exam in order to continue your study into second year. This, however, is not as scary as it sounds as you are taught everything you need to know and have plenty of time to study and revise.
Apart from that exam, other assessments would consist of essays, presentations, or coursework. For the Broadcast Journalism course, a lot of the work you are assessed on is practical work, such as radio and TV packages that you will make throughout second and third year.
It is worth noting that optional modules that I did not pick may have exams attached to it, I am only going off my own experiences of the course and the optional modules I picked. Either way, I know this course leans a lot more towards assessing practical work then times exams.
I hope this does help and If you have any questions in the future do not hesitate to get in touch.
Matt ~ University of Salford Rep

Hi Matt,
Sorry for the late reply, I've only just got this message through for some reason! Thanks so much for your response, it's given me all I need to know and really eased my mind.
Thanks!
(edited 07:27)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending