The Student Room Group

40-60 ucas points of my course

Hi, i applied to university last year with hopes that id reach my intended grades, unfortunately in one of my subjects i got an E instead of what i hoped to get to be a C. Now when i got my grades and looked at my ucas i found that my chosen university had put me on a course that i had not agreed on and was later told by ucas and by the university that it was an 'administrative error', then haven taken 3 days to cancel this choice i rang up my second uni for them to tell me that i had to little points. Now here i am in the year after desperately trying to get onto a course for next year (architecture btw) and have no idea whether i should apply with 220 ucas points and hope that my portfolio will get me in or to do a foundation or access course next year which would be a waste of time considering my course is already 7 year :s-smilie:. Can please someone help?
Reply 1
Any little amount of advice would help!
Reply 2
If anyone thinks that it should be a good idea to apply for the course with 280 points and i only have 220 and explain tht im very enthusiastic and have a great portfolio please tell me?
Reply 3
I am on my gap year too and didnt have enough points for my first choice uni and didnt get in. however i really didnt want to take another year out as my course is long too and i really wanted to go to that uni so i emailed and sent a letter and got in! so even if you get rejected there are still chances if you show commitment, i would say apply anyway. they may consider you even if you have to go that extra stretch! what have you got to lose?
Reply 4
You should have took the year to resit the E, quite obviously.
Email the uni. I was told that architecture is quite a competitive subject anyway, so it all depends on the uni. Some will take you in based on PS, portfolio, interview etc., others will want the grades.
Reply 6
Okay, ill probably write them a few emails and apply anyway but also how would i go about resitting the E, its a AQA btw?
Original post by Jhoops
Okay, ill probably write them a few emails and apply anyway but also how would i go about resitting the E, its a AQA btw?

You've had a year o.O
You should head to your local connexions and ask about it.
Also, consider if university is really for you.
Reply 8
yea, im not going to lie to myself and say that i havent messed this year up but taking this year out i dont think i want anything more than to get into uni...
Reply 9
Do you reckon there are any january courses i could apply for that would be related to architecture or that would boost my points up by 60-80?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending