The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Applying

i’ve been out of college for a few years now and i am applying for an access course i wanted ti know is Trent lenient with that type of thing? because i’d only have 60 ucas points and that is half what i need to get in . i want to do business and finance
Original post by ChromeToilet
i’ve been out of college for a few years now and i am applying for an access course i wanted ti know is Trent lenient with that type of thing? because i’d only have 60 ucas points and that is half what i need to get in . i want to do business and finance

Nottingham Tent's business-related courses are listed here. I can see no mention of Business and Finance course (for 2023 or 2024 entry).

If we look at The Uni Guide's page for Nottingham Trent's Business Management and Accounting & Finance degree here (which expects 112 - 120 UCAS points), we can see that for those who gained entry via A levels, the "Most popular A-Levels studied (and grade achieved) were Business Studies (B), Economics (B), and Psychology (C)". Those grades are worth 112 points, which suggests that they don't accept large numbers of people who don't meet the required grades.

Note, by the way, that if you're doing an Access to HE course, any offer would likely be expressed in terms of credits not UCAS points. For example, "Pass your Access course with 60 credits overall with a minimum of 45 credits at level 3."
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Nottingham Tent's business-related courses are listed here. I can see no mention of Business and Finance course (for 2023 or 2024 entry).

If we look at The Uni Guide's page for Nottingham Trent's Business Management and Accounting & Finance degree here (which expects 112 - 120 UCAS points), we can see that for those who gained entry via A levels, the "Most popular A-Levels studied (and grade achieved) were Business Studies (B), Economics (B), and Psychology (C)". Those grades are worth 112 points, which suggests that they don't accept large numbers of people who don't meet the required grades.

Note, by the way, that if you're doing an Access to HE course, any offer would likely be expressed in terms of credits not UCAS points. For example, "Pass your Access course with 60 credits overall with a minimum of 45 credits at level 3."

are credits not the same as ucas points?
Original post by ChromeToilet
are credits not the same as ucas points?

The UCAS Points Calculator can be used to calculate the UCAS Points earned from a Access to HE Diploma. Just select "Access to HE Diploma" from the "Please select a qualification" drop down and enter the number of credits at a Pass, Merit and Distinction.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending