The Student Room Group

Share your further ambitions at University! (not related to your degree)

I just don't like the thought that I get which is "Your life is going to be based on this degree". Don't get me wrong, I really do want to study my chosen degree at University, but also want to:

- Join a cricket team/club, and be able to excel to high levels of cricket. Perhaps I would even be lucky enough to find myself in the position where it could possibly be my career. :redface:

- Play music to audiences; local gigs, that sort of stuff. Also make some friends that could potentially write with me and form a little band :cool: I've already done this at school, and its been great fun.

- Write a few novels. I have tons of ideas in my head, and I know that you don't need to have a degree in English, Literature etc. to become a writer, because its more of a natural talent. I wouldn't want to study it anyway because most of the stuff doesn't interest me in the slightest, but reading/writing about things in my own interest has been a hobby of mine for like, forever :smile:

Hmm. I'm getting ahead of myself, haven't even got the grades to get into University yet! My offers are just getting me over excited :biggrin:

Anyone else planning to get involved in something they really want to do, outside of degree study time?
Guys on TSR - To get laid....
1) Spread the word that the novel is now potentially the least popular media form and consequently somewhat superfluous

2) Cleanse
I want to be a formula 1 driver...it wont happen...but I can dream :moon:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I want to be a formula 1 driver...it wont happen...but I can dream :moon:

for which team? :biggrin:
Original post by Panda Vinnie
for which team? :biggrin:

An all woman team, kinda wanna show the guys how it is done...

But failing that Red Bull (cos Red Bull gives you wings...)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending