The Student Room Group

Psychology at Bradford University??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by EKR93
Yeah I know, I was giving an example of how some places in the graduate market don't take where you got your degree from into account, get off your high horse.

As I said, you are giving inaccurate information regarding what the OP is asking. You have no knowledge of the Psychology graduate market. You may well have information about Law or something, so it may be best for you to chat about it in the Law forum.

A Psychology degree is simply not equal to every Psychology degree. There are certainly some Psychology degrees (And I'd even suggest this expands to other subject areas) which are simply not worth the paper they're written on. In that sense, a degree is not a degree.

Stop being tetchy and toddle off.
no Bratfud is no where near as bad as it's made out to be

can't speak for the actual uni but the town really int that bad
Reply 22
Original post by aliluvschoc
As I said, you are giving inaccurate information regarding what the OP is asking. You have no knowledge of the Psychology graduate market. You may well have information about Law or something, so it may be best for you to chat about it in the Law forum.

A Psychology degree is simply not equal to every Psychology degree. There are certainly some Psychology degrees (And I'd even suggest this expands to other subject areas) which are simply not worth the paper they're written on. In that sense, a degree is not a degree.

Stop being tetchy and toddle off.

Yeah, says the person who got involved ages after I made my original comment which wasn't intended to be pulled apart like I had said something offensive.

It was to help the OP make a decision on whether or not he would like a degree from a less prestigious university or not. In a way I am agreeing with what Godspeed has said, but for some reason he decided to act childish and assume I am stupid or something and I am bitter?

What you are saying is very true but you are not helping the OP either.
Reply 23
Original post by EKR93
Yeah, says the person who got involved ages after I made my original comment which wasn't intended to be pulled apart like I had said something offensive.

It was to help the OP make a decision on whether or not he would like a degree from a less prestigious university or not. In a way I am agreeing with what Godspeed has said, but for some reason he decided to act childish and assume I am stupid or something and I am bitter?

What you are saying is very true but you are not helping the OP either.

You made a mistake, that much is clear. But there's no need to drag it on and on. I posted to bring some sense to this thread for the OP's benefit.

I disagree with your last sentence, as I am talking with direct relevance to Psychology.

However I think it best to ignore you now.

Here are the UK Psychology Rankings, as reported by The Times 2010.
While they do give a roundabout idea of which departments are best to aim for, it's not something to follow religiously.

Spoiler

Reply 24
Original post by aliluvschoc
You made a mistake, that much is clear. But there's no need to drag it on and on. I posted to bring some sense to this thread for the OP's benefit.

What, for upsetting some psychology geek over the internet? What a shame.
Reply 25
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Come on. Off to bed now. Grownups are talking.

You aren't helping the OP. You also seem to neglect the fact your pretentious comments about being a "bitter ex-poly student" which started all of this off. Immature much. Are you gonna be one of those people who stay in university all your life and not actually benefit society or something? You'll be living at your parents until you're like 30. Have a nice life...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by EKR93
You aren't helping the OP. You also seem to neglect the fact your pretentious comments about being a "bitter ex-poly student" which started all of this off. Immature much. Are you gonna be one of those people who stay in university all your life and not actually benefit society or something? You'll be living at your parents until you're like 30. Have a nice life...

:rofl:
Original post by aga83
Hi Guys,
I've got an Unconditional offer from Bradford Uni -Psychology (as I am outsiede of the UK one fundation handled my application and they advised Bradford..)
and now I've been reading that this is not a very good place to study to say the least..and I really don't know what to do because if I apply through usac myself I'll lose my place at Bradford, and if I don't get any other offer than I'm srewed..
Can anyone advise me??
Is Bradford really that bad??

I'd kindly appreciate your help/advice

Did you put any other choices in your application?If so it's best to wait until you get all your replies.
Reply 28
Hi,
Thank you all for your reply and advice (although some went into chetic argument..;p);
I guess that the idea for visiting uni is the best, just to find out personally;
And I haven't put any ither applications yet as my Bradford application was being handed by some organization and they said that if I do apply personally to other Uni in the UK then the Bradford offer won;t be valid anymore??!!:frown:

I am at loss right now..
Original post by aga83
Hi,
Thank you all for your reply and advice (although some went into chetic argument..;p);
I guess that the idea for visiting uni is the best, just to find out personally;
And I haven't put any ither applications yet as my Bradford application was being handed by some organization and they said that if I do apply personally to other Uni in the UK then the Bradford offer won;t be valid anymore??!!:frown:

I am at loss right now..

You could apply through UCAS? That's the standard way of applying, I'm not sure how the organisation works with your Bradford application though. I'd say visit the uni and see what you think - it's what you think that matters after all!

Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest