The Student Room Group

Chances of getting into UoB or Warwrick

Hi,
I'm looking to study (ug) Sociology and Criminology at UoB or Warwick, I'm currently doing 2 A-levels (Psychology and Sociology) and an a BTEC extended certificate in Law with grades predicted at A-B and D-M, what are my chances of getting in? I am also looking to apply with contextual offers.
Thank you.
Original post by hyouka
Hi,
I'm looking to study (ug) Sociology and Criminology at UoB or Warwick, I'm currently doing 2 A-levels (Psychology and Sociology) and an a BTEC extended certificate in Law with grades predicted at A-B and D-M, what are my chances of getting in? I am also looking to apply with contextual offers.
Thank you.

Your predicted grades are not clear. Are you predictions a range (as might be implied by "A-B" and "D-M")? As you're taking two A levels, perhaps you're saying that you're predicted A in one an B in the other. But given that you're taking a single BTEC Extended Certificate, "D-M" can't represent the grades for two separate subjects.

At Warwick, the standard entry requirement for Sociology and Criminology BA, for your combination of qualifications, is "BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate plus 2 A-Levels: D plus AB, or D* plus BB" (source). So if you are predicted grades A and B in your two A levels and D in your BTEC, then you meet those requirements. Their contextual offer is typically one grade lower, so that could accommodate an M in your BTEC. As you meet the entry requirements for this course, and as it doesn't appear to be a particularly oversubscribed course, I think you have a reasonable chance of an offer.

There are several universities in the UK for which the abbreviation "UoB" might apply (University of Bath, University of Bedfordshire, University of Birmingham, University of Bolton, University of Bradford, University of Brighton, University of Bristol and University of Buckingham). To which one are you referring?
Reply 2
If you meet the entry requirements for this combination of A levels and BTEC. and you can write a sensible PS, you have a good chance of an offer. No-one can tell you for certain that you will get an offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending