The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Falmouth University College

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tmplln
Sweet, is there much of a music scene? Any pub band nights sort of thing?

Tom

Yeah there're a few open mic nights, and a lot of the more student-y pubs usually have at least one night a week where they get local bands in. "5 degrees below" in particular gets like 4 or 5 bands in a week.
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Reply 41
Good luck to you all with interviews! Got my invite letter today for the end of march. Applied for Photography. Really excited over goin to uni somewhere as nice as Falmouth and Cornwall are. Went to an Open Day in October, the place looks amazing and the students happy. Looking forward to goin back:smile:
Original post by speo24
Good luck to you all with interviews! Got my invite letter today for the end of march. Applied for Photography. Really excited over goin to uni somewhere as nice as Falmouth and Cornwall are. Went to an Open Day in October, the place looks amazing and the students happy. Looking forward to goin back:smile:

You don't understand how glad i am to hear your interview is in March!
Hopefully Graphic Design interviews will be around then, that will give me enough time to get a decent portfolio sorted!
Good Luck!
Original post by DesignFreak
Hopefully Graphic Design interviews will be around then, that will give me enough time to get a decent portfolio sorted!
Good Luck!

I want mine sooner rather than later, but that's cause the Theatre interview doesn't require a portfolio, it's more audition-y.
Wish they'd hurry up and decide!
Original post by speo24

well done :smile:
did you have to send a some work for them to decide who to interview? and if so when did you send it? its just i had to do that because im applying to fine art and the wait for some news is killing me!! haha
Reply 45
Original post by DesignFreak
Good Luck!

I'm glad mine's around then...gives me 2 months to sort out my portfolio since been out of education for a bit. Good luck to you!
Reply 46
Original post by thelifeofbrian
well done :smile:
did you have to send a some work for them to decide who to interview? and if so when did you send it? its just i had to do that because im applying to fine art and the wait for some news is killing me!! haha

Thanks!:smile: I'm over to moon gettin an interview, wasn't so sure about it since I hear the competition is tough to get into Falmouth. Yeah I had to submit an online portfolio..think I sent mine off round christmas time..so it took me bout 3 weeks to get the interview date. I'm sure you'll be hearing from them soon:smile:
Reply 47
Original post by FluffyLion
I want mine sooner rather than later, but that's cause the Theatre interview doesn't require a portfolio, it's more audition-y.
Wish they'd hurry up and decide!

Ha I know what you mean in a way..you just want the wait to be over with. I still need to sort out my portfolio so I'm cool with my interview date. When's your audition?
Original post by speo24
Ha I know what you mean in a way..you just want the wait to be over with. I still need to sort out my portfolio so I'm cool with my interview date. When's your audition?

Not got one yet. Falmouth ****ed up and basically waited until like the 10th of January to tell all of it's Theatre applicants that instead of applying for 'Theatre: Speciality' where the speciality is one of performance, directing, writing and techincal, they're merging it all into one course called 'Theatre' where it's the same course but you choose modules based on what you want to do. We then had to email or write back to say that we wanted to change onto this 'new' course, which means that they've only just started looking at our applications. Grr.
Original post by speo24
Thanks!:smile: I'm over to moon gettin an interview, wasn't so sure about it since I hear the competition is tough to get into Falmouth. Yeah I had to submit an online portfolio..think I sent mine off round christmas time..so it took me bout 3 weeks to get the interview date. I'm sure you'll be hearing from them soon:smile:

oh good i sent mine about 2 weeks ago so hopefully it wont be too long till im put out of my misery haha. i went to the open day in october too and it looks the perfect place to study anything creative :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by FluffyLion
Not got one yet. Falmouth ****ed up and basically waited until like the 10th of January to tell all of it's Theatre applicants that instead of applying for 'Theatre: Speciality' where the speciality is one of performance, directing, writing and techincal, they're merging it all into one course called 'Theatre' where it's the same course but you choose modules based on what you want to do. We then had to email or write back to say that we wanted to change onto this 'new' course, which means that they've only just started looking at our applications. Grr.

Ouch...hope it'll work out either way:smile:
Reply 51
I've just got my letter through the post today inviting me to an interview next month :tongue: its for graphic design and a friend got the same so im assuming theyre all pretty soon for graphics..?
i have to reschedule mine though cos im away on the interview date, thinking it will be rescheduled to march or something? any graphic designers heard from them with their date? i wana get an idea of when my rescheduled one might be :smile:
I have my interview for English Literature & Creative Writing on the 2nd February, I'm so excited! Does anyone know what the competition is for the English courses? Accommodation, campus, course and the area look ace :smile:
Original post by imnotlulamae
I have my interview for English Literature & Creative Writing on the 2nd February, I'm so excited! Does anyone know what the competition is for the English courses? Accommodation, campus, course and the area look ace :smile:

Hey, I'm on the course. It's my first year. The accommodation at the campus is brilliant although they have had problems with oversubscribed courses incurring a knock on effect. Basically, some people have had to share. Hopefully that won't repeat for next year.

The area is beautiful, same as the rest of Cornwall. I'm not sure about the competition for the course. I know they cut the applicants before the interview and then obviously again until they get the final number.

By the way, what is the number of UCAS points you need? Just curious. Loving the course, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. :smile:
Original post by Natsworthy
By the way, what is the number of UCAS points you need? Just curious. Loving the course, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. :smile:

I think it's 260 points for all courses at Falmouth, not sure though :smile:
Original post by cmdeacon
I've just got my letter through the post today inviting me to an interview next month :tongue: its for graphic design and a friend got the same so im assuming theyre all pretty soon for graphics..?
i have to reschedule mine though cos im away on the interview date, thinking it will be rescheduled to march or something? any graphic designers heard from them with their date? i wana get an idea of when my rescheduled one might be :smile:

whens yours for now then?
i'm applying for graphics too and my interview is on the 9th of feb, one of my friends is on the same day as me and another person is on the 16th of feb.
i wonder why they are always wednesdays?

anyway, goodluck! :smile:
Reply 56
Does anyone actually know how hard it is to get into Falmouth? My particular course is English with Creative Writing ... but with most courses - I've been told by some people its easy they take pretty much anyone but by others they are very picky and particular in who they decide to choice ??
Does anyone know ? :smile: :smile:
Well it's probably not the hardest course to get a place for. It's really weird, you have the people who got taken because of the low total of points needed, then the rest are people who know what they are talking about and that you can have quite a deep conversation with. Presentation time can be fun just because of this.

Falmouth is on the up definitely, it's experiencing constant development left, right and centre where others are having to cut back somewhat.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 58
I am currently in my first year at Falmouth doing Theatre: Performance. Due to the previously mentioned overflow of students and shortage of halls accommodation I live off campus, but have spent a lot of time in halls so i can still answer questions if you have any :smile:
Original post by georgia(:
I am currently in my first year at Falmouth doing Theatre: Performance. Due to the previously mentioned overflow of students and shortage of halls accommodation I live off campus, but have spent a lot of time in halls so i can still answer questions if you have any :smile:

Awesome! What's the Theatre course like? I have a friend on it (maybe you know him - Mike Tew?), but when I saw him at Christmas he was very secretive about it all. Anything you can tell me would be great :smile: I realise it's a very practical course (which is exactly what I'm after), but I'd like to know what sort of specifics there are :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest