The Student Room Group

Year 12 art a level advice? 'Predicted C'

I chose psychology, product design and Art as my A-level. Predicted A-B in PD and psychology. Today our art books our marked in 15 minutes and the teacher sat down and talked with us. I've done a lot of work over the months and have high quality work but she said my book was worth a C. I'm worrying because if that's the case I have 8 months left and I want to get into University.
Original post by Guy Willis
I chose psychology, product design and Art as my A-level. Predicted A-B in PD and psychology. Today our art books our marked in 15 minutes and the teacher sat down and talked with us. I've done a lot of work over the months and have high quality work but she said my book was worth a C. I'm worrying because if that's the case I have 8 months left and I want to get into University.

Is there a particular university of course which you are targeting? Do you know the grade requirements? How do your predicted grades of ABC compare with those requirements?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Is there a particular university of course which you are targeting? Do you know the grade requirements? How do your predicted grades of ABC compare with those requirements?

Targeting Graphic Design in Loughborough or Falmouth mainly at the moment.
Original post by Guy Willis
Targeting Graphic Design in Loughborough or Falmouth mainly at the moment.

Well, Loughborough want ABB (source) and Falmouth want 104 - 120 UCAS Tariff points (source). So Falmouth would seem a better match, grade-wise (as grades ABC are equal to 120 UCAS points). However, putting down Loughborough as an "aspirational" choice would be a perfectly reasonable thing to do with ABC predictions.

Quick Reply

Latest