The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

New orleans saints baby, deuce mc allister all the way baby!!!! Wooooooooooooo
Original post by Ralphus J
New orleans saints baby, deuce mc allister all the way baby!!!! Wooooooooooooo

Deuce McAllister? Really? Haha.

Surely Reggie Bush or Pierre Thomas would be better? Or Mark Ingram.

I remember playing with McAllister on Madden 08 haha.

Good choice of team though haha
Reply 1582
heading the new orleans in a few weeks. hopefully catch a pre season game :biggrin:
Original post by The Patriot

Ye man, i randomly bought madden 05 on gamecube, ran through the teams and randomly chose one to play, and that was the saints! At the time Deuce was the main RB/ HB < (not great with the positions lol).
Original post by Ralphus J
Ye man, i randomly bought madden 05 on gamecube, ran through the teams and randomly chose one to play, and that was the saints! At the time Deuce was the main RB/ HB < (not great with the positions lol).

RB (Running back) is a blanket term for HB (half-backs) and FB (full-bacls).

And yeah that's cool :P Old school madden is peng!
Just came across this thread. I'm a Patriots fan as well and have been since I started watching in 2006. The main reason I started supporting them was because they had "England" in their name :smile: Now I'm a avid supporter, will be involved in this thread more and more once the season gets underway.
Original post by PotPon
heading the new orleans in a few weeks. hopefully catch a pre season game :biggrin:

Doesn't look good man. Lockout is in full swing, pre-season games are in jeopardy!
Reply 1587
Anyone up for a tsr fantasy american football league? :smile:
We beat Cambridgeshire today so we have a pretty good chance of making the playoffs I think. Never has been standing around on the sideline made me so tired. lol
Original post by Greg1989

Yeah I'd be up for this. I played a league on nfl.com last year, it's pretty good on there.
Reply 1590
Original post by Hedgeman49
Yeah I'd be up for this. I played a league on nfl.com last year, it's pretty good on there.

same :smile: and i was thinking you can create custom leagues on there so if enough people on here are up for it could make one on there to make the banter even more if/when the season starts
same :smile: and i was thinking you can create custom leagues on there so if enough people on here are up for it could make one on there to make the banter even more if/when the season starts

Yeah, well we can set one up nearer the time. Not much point now, haha.
Reply 1592
Original post by Hedgeman49
Yeah, well we can set one up nearer the time. Not much point now, haha.

true i was just on the nfl site and saw it on the main page and thought knowing my memory il forget to mention if i dont now lol

YEAHHH. :smile:

I love fantasy football :biggrin:
This may be a really stupid question but how does fantasy football work? I know you pick players and what they do in games earns you points but do you pick like every player in every position. Seems like a bit of a ballache if that's the case.
Reply 1595
Original post by Scott129
This may be a really stupid question but how does fantasy football work? I know you pick players and what they do in games earns you points but do you pick like every player in every position. Seems like a bit of a ballache if that's the case.

not every position, there are slightly different rules you can alter but in general

1QB
2 RB
3WR
1 Kicker
1 Team Defence
1 TE

as well as some substitutes you keep on the bench and can swap in and out of your team, but you have to do a 'draft' as people arnt allowed the same players, you score points for things like yards gained, touchdowns, your defence holding a team under a set amount of points or your defence getting a sack fumble or interception....equally if one of yours fumbles or is intercepted or sacked you lose some
Reply 1596
I'd be up of some Fantasy football as well :biggrin:
not every position, there are slightly different rules you can alter but in general

1QB
2 RB
3WR
1 Kicker
1 Team Defence
1 TE

as well as some substitutes you keep on the bench and can swap in and out of your team, but you have to do a 'draft' as people arnt allowed the same players, you score points for things like yards gained, touchdowns, your defence holding a team under a set amount of points or your defence getting a sack fumble or interception....equally if one of yours fumbles or is intercepted or sacked you lose some

hmm, sounds good, especially the 'draft'. I'd be up for taking part :biggrin:
Original post by The Patriot

Nah man the Deuce is a New Orleans legend!!!!
Reply 1599
I'd be up for some fantasy football definitely. We talking keeper league or dynasty or just normal ?

Latest