Visit website

Scroll to see replies

i did campus 12 then got sidetracked :P

pics are being uploaded rach....
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I heard that Campus 14 was banned a few years ago, cos it was getting dangerous. Apprantly people use to end up in the lake in Univeristy Park cos they were so drunk :biggrin: , so the big wigs at Nottingham Uni decied to ban it. But all my mates that are at Nott Uni still do it, so I'm confused. :confused:

Can someone tell me if it's been banned or not.
officially its banned.... but they can hardly enforce it really, apart from refusing entry to the really drunk people like rachel!
exmoorkatie
officially its banned.... but they can hardly enforce it really, apart from refusing entry to the really drunk people like rachel!

Alright, thanks Katie. :smile:
Reply 5
So, uh... what's campus 14?
Reply 6
Campus 14 is when you go around all 14 bars on campus and have one double or one pint in each.

It has been banned as I think a few Rugby guys drowned when they decided it would be a good idea to swim the lake after doing it.That's what I've heard at least. I think the bar staff are encouraged to not serve people doing it(though I can't remember anyone not being served).

I've only done a Campus 12 as we bypassed Sherwood and the one next to it(Rutland?) as they were packed and we were running out of time.In hindsight, I think the best way of doing it when there are scores of other people doing the same route is to buy your drink and drink it whilst walking to the next bar.Saves a lot of time.
hey Loki did you go to the halloween party in the end? i gave it a miss but my friend tom went as a terrorist, you see him?
Reply 8
Not only did I see him, I spent most of the night around him and caught a taxi back with Benji,him and Frou/Fru.

The halloween party was great.Got fairly drunk and spent a large part of the night dance-fighting with a guy who burst two of my balloons.Woke up with a few cuts...
Loki
Campus 14 is when you go around all 14 bars on campus and have one double or one pint in each.

It has been banned as I think a few Rugby guys drowned when they decided it would be a good idea to swim the lake after doing it.That's what I've heard at least. I think the bar staff are encouraged to not serve people doing it(though I can't remember anyone not being served).

I've only done a Campus 12 as we bypassed Sherwood and the one next to it(Rutland?) as they were packed and we were running out of time.In hindsight, I think the best way of doing it when there are scores of other people doing the same route is to buy your drink and drink it whilst walking to the next bar.Saves a lot of time.

Flipping heck mate, Campus 12 is good. One of my mates only managed to do Campus 7 and then he couldn't walk anymore. :biggrin: My mates had to carry him all the way back to Lenton (the area, not the hall). :biggrin:

When did you do Campus 12 mate?
i did campus 12 last night though only had singles
Reply 11
Singles is apparently fine if you're female.So much for PC culture.

I did the Campus 12 with RockSoc...and whilst I remember staggering and being helped back by the end of it, I was still aware enough to have a few games of pool(whilst not being able to focus), beat people at table football and talk coherently.I'm definitely attempting the proper 14 at somepoint, just as soon as I find willing people and a free day.
OK- I've had everything filled in and I now know what happened!

I went to all the bars except for HSH and the return to the Ark, but can't remember Derby, Lincoln or Lenton... oh well. I was at Cripps, but they wouldn't let me in and someone offered me a shot but then I got carried home... the guy at Cripps wanted to call an ambulance (overreaction, I assure you!)

Apparently I fell face down on the downs and wouldn't get up! Then about four people tried to make me go to bed, and there was icing of buns and I got icing sugar all over my corridor...

Ooops.
RachelBabyfrog
OK- I've had everything filled in and I now know what happened!

I went to all the bars except for HSH and the return to the Ark, but can't remember Derby, Lincoln or Lenton... oh well. I was at Cripps, but they wouldn't let me in and someone offered me a shot but then I got carried home... the guy at Cripps wanted to call an ambulance (overreaction, I assure you!)

Apparently I fell face down on the downs and wouldn't get up! Then about four people tried to make me go to bed, and there was icing of buns and I got icing sugar all over my corridor...

Ooops.

You mad woman. :biggrin:

You and your housemates sound like nutters, what halls are you living in?
Reply 14
For those who have never heard of it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campus_14

...should answer a few questions.

As someone who has lived in Nottingham for years, and owns the Bars at Raleigh and Broadgate, the stuff about the drowning student is rubbish.

The bit about the complaints from QMC Hospital, unfortunately, aren't.
Mighty Rutland :biggrin:

I didn't even go into the bizarre details about Descartes and the Three Bears and my mandolin!
RachelBabyfrog
Mighty Rutland :biggrin:

I didn't even go into the bizarre details about Descartes and the Three Bears and my mandolin!

You sound like a typical Nottigham Uni student i.e. a complete drunken nut case. :biggrin:

What are your flatmates like are they as mad as you are they? How many boys and girls are there? :smile:
Oi :p: I was teetotal until about ten days ago :smile:

There were ten of us who did the C14, but that included one from Sherwood, one from Willoughby (the lovely exmoorkatie) and one from home. There were eight girls and two lads to begin with, but I don't know what we ended up with.
i witnessed the various people attempting to put rachel to bed, silly people, it quite clearly wasnt going to happen! So i iced your buns rach! the Icing sugar on the floor was already there when i arrived though im afraid..... so im sure u might have had something to do with that.
Reply 19
I managed campus 11 last night, should have been more i think but we had a late start so missed out on half an hour of drinking. I didn't stick to the doubles/pints rule, i just had a bit of everything. They made me do a goldshlager birthday shot in Ancaster. We didn't start at the Ark, and missed out Lincoln and Lenton and Wortley to try and fit HuStu and Cripps in. Was a fun night. And i wasn't ill or falling over which is pretty impressive i think. I was the drunkest i've been here so far though. Rachel, i fins it pretty funny that you went from tee-totaler to Campus 14er in the space of a few days! xx

Latest

Trending

Trending