The Student Room Group

Family issues/emotional wellbeing

All my life I have grown up knowing only five main people, my dad, my mum, my two sisters and brother. Now, I am 17 and have to face the cruelty of life. I never thought I needed to associate myself with my extended family until recently. My siblings and I realised the essence of why it is important to forgive and forget all that my grandparents might have done to hurt us as a family.

On this very day, I however witnessed my grandparents insulting my parents over the phone. Being a christian, I have no option than to accept my fate of being abandoned by family and live up to the legacy set by my family mistake.

Having come from a very cultural background, having a reliable family is a true wealth no one can fathom. Sadly, my case has been of rejection and this has moulded my mind towards hate and dejection. In fact it is so bad that I find it extremely difficult to trust anyone!. I feel all this emotional rollercoater ride has surely tampered with my sense of judgement about people so much so that I don't like keeping that many friends. Luckily I am a very sociable person, but in as much as I try not to think about my family problems, it just has a bad habit of crawling into my memory.

Do you think I should talk to my parents about this? Im worried that this whole situation my upset them and I don't want that.

P.s, I think its high time Mr Santa Claus returned to the north pole (top left)
Reply 1
I think you should just be polite but not too opet to your grandparents. And in my opinion, you should talk to your parents if that's what is worrying you. you are their child and they are here to listen to you and to give you advice. it's normal to be confused at this age. we all are. (I sounded like an old lady with a cat ahahha)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending