The Student Room Group

Finishing high school.. Should study music?

Original post by smithmiller63
Hi wandering what would you do.. I am finishing high school.. currently as the things go I will probably pass the IB but I like music & have some experience making music.. as thing are in music business what do you think I should do??

Study a normal carrier..& Have music as a hobby
or dedicate to music

Whatever feels right for you. Would you regret not studying music?
Reply 1
You should definitely look into studying music - try googling 'careers in music' or something like that and see what comes up. There's literally hundreds of different types of music-related jobs out there that you probably wouldn't think of at first - it doesn't just stop at 'musician'!
You sound like you'll always be involved in music anyway, so if you can get payed for it!... :smile:
Reply 2
Studying music might be a risky thing, but it doesn't mean You'll have to . Try thinking about more 'technical' music studies, like sound design, music production or sound engineering. There are loads of career opportunities for graduates. Just be sure to choose a right place to study at:smile:
I'm willing to study sound design myself:biggrin: It's a great option, especially if You're interested in sound structures and technology as well as in art, design, fashion etc. You'll find it a way merge all Your passions into Your work:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest