The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Eastbourne Accommodation 2011

Hello :smile:

I'll hopefully be moving to Eastbourne next summer to do the MSc Tourism & International Development.

I don't really fancy going back into halls, so I could do with some advice/ recommendations in terms of letting agencies/ landlords/ areas.

If you're a postgraduate student looking for flatmates for 2011/2012 please do leave a message too :smile:

Thanks xx
Reply 1
Hi Xinx,

We're not post-grads, but certainly old enough to be :smile:

We're an easy-going friendly household of three mature students and a child in Eastbourne.

We might have a room in September - I can't say for sure at the moment, but if you think it might interest you let's stay in touch.

Otherwise, there are about a zillion agents who will take your money. We thought we'd have to go through them originally, but I'm glad we didn't because they sting you for about £150 a time for "reference and credit checks". It doesn't cost them nearly that much to do of course - it's daylight robbery! If you're short of time you might have to go through them, but if not I'd suggest trying to find a private landlord via gumtree (which is what we've done and it worked for us) or looking for a room via one of the flatmate websites.

It can be a bit confusing when you start looking at the flatmate websites at first - you get a strange sense of de ja vu, until you eventually suss that you're not going mad - there are in fact several versions of the same sites out there, with the same people's ads, just a different colour scheme! As far as I can work out, these two are different sites, and if you're registered with them, you're automatically all over the internet. It's free to advertise, but if you're interested in a room you can only actually talk to the other person if one of you has paid for membership. But still, £10 is much less than the agents fees!

www.easyroommate.co.uk
www.roomwanted.net

This website is free. Looks ugly but free is good :smile:

www.houseshare.co.uk

Regarding areas, I reckon you either want to be in central or west Eastbourne (incl the Old Town) - assuming you're at Darley Road?

I hope that helps. :smile:

Becca
(edited 13 years ago)
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
The moderators could do with a geography refresher :wink:

They've have changed my link above from a direct link to my ad, to a general gumtree one - which I don't mind - all sites have their rules. But they're changed it to gumtree London! Eastbourne isn't in London :smile:

If anyone is interested in looking for a room in Eastbourne, here's the Sussex site http://www.gumtree.com/east-sussex

You can find mine - and lots of others - if you search on Eastbourne.
Reply 3
contact the accommodation service to get information about private landlords who lex exclusively to students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending