The Student Room Group

Discussions on HPLC (Learning and Practical Purposes)

I am actually having a project in university on protein and is now required to use HPLC reversed-phase chromatography. My mentor did not really explain what was HPLC clearly to me and as I had not have any experience in either hadling this machine and also learning it in class, I think it would be good to learn it in a discussion to make sure I get all the concepts correct from what I read.

Other than that, welcome to discuss about other chromatography techniques here so as we can compare each and every pros and cons in order to understand better. :smile:
Original post by Mafer

Original post by Mafer
I am actually having a project in university on protein and is now required to use HPLC reversed-phase chromatography. My mentor did not really explain what was HPLC clearly to me and as I had not have any experience in either hadling this machine and also learning it in class, I think it would be good to learn it in a discussion to make sure I get all the concepts correct from what I read.

Other than that, welcome to discuss about other chromatography techniques here so as we can compare each and every pros and cons in order to understand better. :smile:

I have a list of online resources for learning about HPLC from when I did the HPLC/UPLC course at Glaxo. If I can find it I'll post them up for you.

As for the concept, it's relatively simple to grasp. In the most basic terms, it's really no different to the 'classic' paper chromatography where you separate coloured ink on a piece of paper, except the liquid is forced through at high pressure and the paper is a column of silica.
Reply 2
Hey, thanks. I am in the process of learning too! I shall organize some useful points so that I can post them here in an arranged order for reading :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending