The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Psychotic546
What year you in? I got him on a free at start of 2013/14 season. He's been poor unfortunately :frown:

I've only completed one season so far, in my 2nd and in January I'm going to try and get him on a pre-contract.

I already have Torres and Dzeko, so he'll just be rotated with them :colone:
Original post by gunit123
which team (apart from man city) can i have the most interesting game with in the barclays premier league. ie. i need a team that can build up to become league winners but already has a good starting platform...

Arsenal would be decent, they have a good midfield in Fabregas, Song and Nasri, then a good striker in V. Persie. IMO the defence is ****, so I tore the defence apart, selling most of them other than Koscielny and Djourou, I also did the same with the strikers - selling/loaning Chamakh, Arshavin and Bendtner. You get a £16m budget for qualifying into Europe, so that's more than enough to buy decent young defenders and strikers - and then you get like £40 million in January to spend.

You also have some great young players in Gibbs, Wilshere and Ramsey. If you do choose Arsenal I'd definitely suggest buying a replacement/backup for RvP the amount of times he gets injured is unreal - my back-up was Rogelio Funes Mori, he plays excellent as both a poacher next to RvP or as a lone forward, then in January I bought Cavani who's a monster. In defence I'd suggest buying from this list; David Luiz, Otamendi, Ranocchia (or something, he plays for Genoa) Subotic, Phil Jones, Rafael Toloil - everyone one of these are young, very good and only get better.

Tottenham could also be a good save, however they are already pretty strong in most areas and minus backups for an injury prone defence and maybe another striker they don't need changing.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Zerforax
I've only completed one season so far, in my 2nd and in January I'm going to try and get him on a pre-contract.

I already have Torres and Dzeko, so he'll just be rotated with them :colone:

Ahh quality strikers :biggrin: What team?

which team (apart from man city) can i have the most interesting game with in the barclays premier league. ie. i need a team that can build up to become league winners but already has a good starting platform...

+1 for Tottenham. Already a good team and with a few wise buys you can take them to glory. In past games I would have said Villa but I don't think that stands for this game...
Reply 184
Original post by Troubled_Student
Arsenal would be decent, they have a good midfield in Fabregas, Song and Nasri, then a good striker in V. Persie. IMO the defence is ****, so I tore the defence apart, selling most of them other than Koscielny and Djourou, I also did the same with the strikers - selling/loaning Chamakh, Arshavin and Bendtner. You get a £16m budget for qualifying into Europe, so that's more than enough to buy decent young defenders and strikers - and then you get like £40 million in January to spend.

You also have some great young players in Gibbs, Wilshere and Ramsey. If you do choose Arsenal I'd definitely suggest buying a replacement/backup for RvP the amount of times he gets injured is unreal - my back-up was Rogelio Funes Mori, he plays excellent as both a poacher next to RvP or as a lone forward, then in January I bought Cavani who's a monster. In defence I'd suggest buying from this list; David Luiz, Otamendi, Ranocchia (or something, he plays for Genoa) Subotic, Phil Jones, Rafael Toloil - everyone one of these are young, very good and only get better.

Tottenham could also be a good save, however they are already pretty strong in most areas and minus backups for an injury prone defence and maybe another striker they don't need changing.

Thanks, that is really helpful. i also support arsenal. do u get two separate transfer budgets for one in the summer and in january?
Thanks, that is really helpful. i also support arsenal. do u get two separate transfer budgets for one in the summer and in january?

You just get one transfer budget for the season, unless you talk to the board to give you more transfer funds - but they don't often agree...

Not usually, but first season they'll give you something like 40mil extra in Jan.
Reply 187
In 2013 with City having started with Newcastle and now got offered a job by Man Utd who got taken over by a billionaire. Needless to say it was rejected
Reply 188
I'm still going strong in my Liverpool Season, keep on thinking about starting a new game, but I'm so attached to my squad now that I can't bring myself to do it. I've got great regens, especially in the Centre mid role, so much so that i don't think i'll need to ever spend big on bringing in a centre mid ever again.

Spoiler

However, one thing I have realised is that seems to be a lack of quality AMC's coming through, and seeing as I'm playing a formation with 3 AMC's i think it might become an issue in the future once a couple of my current crop start losing it.
Reply 189
In the last game I played I was playing Man Utd, 3-0 down after 14 minutes, made it 3-2 by half time. Then I had two great opportunities after half time. Then they get a red card after 65 minutes, and after that the match fast forwards to full time in the space of about 20 seconds with no action?! :lolwut:

I'm unsure, but with selling/loaning all the players I named from the original Arsenal team + the £16 million they give you in August it's more than enough to buy some top class players. For instance I bought Funes Mori, Luiz, Toloil and then got Kakuta (Chelsea) and Macheda (Man U) out on loan. I still had quite a bit left over.

Then with the £40m they give you in January (I was second in the league, so changed my expectations to Title Contenders, so I think I got closer to £60m) that then allowed me to buy Cavani, Alexis Sanchez and Yann M'Vila (30m, 17m and 25m respectively) So the budgets are more than enough to pretty much create an amazing team. As you can see by the budgets, try and buy cheaper players in the summer and then when you get the huge January budget buy the more expensive players.

*Note I only bought Sanchez as Walcott is out for the entire season due to a broken leg and I was desperate for a pacy AMR.

Anyway, quick update on my season. I've overtaken Chelsea in the league now after beating them in both the FA Cup and League. These games were consecutive so Chelsea fans must be devastated after crashing out of the Cup and then finding themselves second within three days. Now after a few more wins Chelsea find themselves five points behind me, so unless I do something horrific I can see the league being mine. Cavani is banging the goals in, as is Funes Mori, Sanchez has found himself on the score-sheet twice, whilst M'Vila is an absolute warrior of an anchorman, and even if they go past him they have my world-class defence of Davis Luiz and Toloil/Djourou to get through. I'm devastated that Cavani can't play in the Champions League due being cup-tied, however I've got Valencia which should be quite easy in comparison to other teams I could've drawn and Funes Mori seems to be consistent in goal-scoring so far.
(edited 13 years ago)
Ahh quality strikers :biggrin: What team?

Playing with Liverpool. Had Torres, bought Dzeko for like 25mil and brought in Santa Cruz on loan from City for the last 2 seasons (paying 50% of his wages) but Pato can replace him :colondollar:

I cant find a good left back on FM11 :frown:
I've got Vargas and Hazard on the flanks in a 4-2-3-1 who are doing amazing :colone:
Lahm has a 26m release clause :worm: and can play on both sides.
Playing with Liverpool. Had Torres, bought Dzeko for like 25mil and brought in Santa Cruz on loan from City for the last 2 seasons (paying 50% of his wages) but Pato can replace him :colondollar:

I cant find a good left back on FM11 :frown:
I've got Vargas and Hazard on the flanks in a 4-2-3-1 who are doing amazing :colone:

Ahh on my Arsenal save I got Torres in Jan after he handed in a transfer request 52m :smile: My only 10m+ signing and he got 25 in half a season!
Tried fabio coentrao? Diego Renan is also good at LB, bit more expensive though. Kieran Gibbs is also good and provides cover at AML.

Hazard was amazing on 10, but I don't use any wingers and Arsenal have way too many A(MC)'s :frown:
Started a new game with Newcastle, and in the first preseason I had Man Utd try to buy Tim Krul, and Chelsea try to buy Nile Ranger and one of my youngsters that I've never heard of...

Strange options to buy. But no matter what game I play, Chelsea always buy Neymar in the first transfer window...
No-one buys Neymar in my saves, not at the start or in January anyway. Lukaku and Wickham are always the targets of Chelsea, whilst Man U ALWAYS buy Vertenghon or whatever he's called.

For a good LB take a look at Dodo - he's young, Brazilian and grows into an amazing player. If not Jose Angel is another good target. I think they're both cheap too, I had Dodo on loan on my Tottenham save.

The worst thing has happened, Rogelio Funes Mori my starting poacher next to Cavani is out for three weeks, and misses not only my first-leg against Valencia but also, very possibly the League Cup Final. Also due to Cavani being cup-tied for the Champions League it appears that Van Persie and Macheda are my strikers...
(edited 13 years ago)
Ahh on my Arsenal save I got Torres in Jan after he handed in a transfer request 52m :smile: My only 10m+ signing and he got 25 in half a season!
Tried fabio coentrao? Diego Renan is also good at LB, bit more expensive though. Kieran Gibbs is also good and provides cover at AML.

Hazard was amazing on 10, but I don't use any wingers and Arsenal have way too many A(MC)'s :frown:

Coentrao signed for Man City, quite a few players I wanted are at City now: Zhirkov, Coentrao, Kolorov, Silva, Gervinho etc :angry:
Original post by Seanisonfire
Lahm has a 26m release clause :worm: and can play on both sides.

I dont think I can afford his wages - he's on 150k a week and has no intention to join me :s-smilie:
Coentrao signed for Man City, quite a few players I wanted are at City now: Zhirkov, Coentrao, Kolorov, Silva, Gervinho etc :angry:

Ahh they did that in mine too. Erm Aly Cissokho?

Neymar just chose to go to Leverkusen instead of me and I offered exactly what he wanted. Didn't even negotiate :confused:

I dont think I can afford his wages - he's on 150k a week and has no intention to join me :s-smilie:

Blahdy hell. Advantages of Barca i suppose.

Latest