The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Alright. Not sure if I'll be able to stick with it long-term but if you don't mind me potentially dropping out a later date then I'll give it a go.
Original post by Laertes
Alright. Not sure if I'll be able to stick with it long-term but if you don't mind me potentially dropping out a later date then I'll give it a go.

Excellent! Just PM me your MSN and I'll add you, we'll get you started at 7.30 tonight.
Reply 1982
Original post by Mastermind`
Excellent! Just PM me your MSN and I'll add you, we'll get you started at 7.30 tonight.

No problem.
Reply 1983
Another lamb to the Frazier Campbell slaughter :colone:
Reply 1984
For some reason, and I'm not sure why, I'm getting a bad feeling about this.
Reply 1985
Original post by Laertes

Original post by Laertes
For some reason, and I'm not sure why, I'm getting a bad feeling about this.

You should sir. Frazier Campbell. A bargain buy at £2.3m has managed to drag a team who were 18th when I took over a season and a half ago to the summit of the bundesliga. Only being knocked off the top by some blatant cheating tbpfh :colonhash:

I am Koln. My goats are a-steppin' :colone:
Reply 1986
What team can I be expecting to drag to the bottom of the Bundesliga then?
Reply 1987
Original post by Laertes
What team can I be expecting to drag to the bottom of the Bundesliga then?

In all fairness, you will do a hell of a lot better than I would... I'm probably quite capable of getting Bayern Munich relegated.. :ahee: :frown: I fail
Original post by Mess.
Another lamb to the Frazier Campbell slaughter :colone:

So glad I beat one of the top teams, with Campbell missing some clear chances :biggrin:

My ass man will probably have crumbled last night after I couldn't make it :facepalm2:
Reply 1989
Barnsley came and poached my Assistant Manager for their Manager post, I get £70K compensation then get a different one in with similar stats and on a similar wage and have to pay £250K compensation - what's up with that? :frown:
Reply 1990
Contract length, I'd assume.
Reply 1991
Original post by Laertes
Contract length, I'd assume.

Ah yeah that might be true, he only had 8 months left :frown:
Reply 1992
Original post by J@tko
Barnsley came and poached my Assistant Manager for their Manager post, I get £70K compensation then get a different one in with similar stats and on a similar wage and have to pay £250K compensation - what's up with that? :frown:

Woo Barnsley!
Original post by Mastermind`

Do you guys play FM11?
Reply 1994
Original post by bob dylan

Original post by bob dylan
Do you guys play FM11?
First bulletpoint in the general guidelines in the thread: "• We will be playing Football Manager 2011 with the 11.3 patch."
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1658148
Wenger retiring at the end of the year, leaving the Barca job open....:teeth:
Is there a known bug with corners? Jonny Evans finished the season with 25 goals, all from corners. All I do is set it so it's an in-swinging corner to the near post, with a defender running onto it. Also set someone challenging the keeper, but not sure how much difference that makes. It's absolutely brutal.
Original post by Seanisonfire
Is there a known bug with corners? Jonny Evans finished the season with 25 goals, all from corners. All I do is set it so it's an in-swinging corner to the near post, with a defender running onto it. Also set someone challenging the keeper, but not sure how much difference that makes. It's absolutely brutal.

I swear there's always a corner bug on FM.

It was particularly prevalent on '09. I had Juhasz in my defence in the Premier League (who isn't that great) and he managed 32 goals one season. :lolwut:
Reply 1998
Corners are supposedly tested extensively in every iteration to cut out exploits, but there's always one that slips through :p:
Ah right then. Well I suggest people use it if they want 25-30 extra goals a season, it's worked for me at Porto/Chelsea/Spain/Man United. Though it can get very boring when your team aren't playing well and just sneak through with another header from a corner.

Latest