The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Troubled_Student

Original post by Troubled_Student
Busquets turns into an absolute beast though does he not? Fair enough though, I can see me getting a massive budget this year If I do get the treble so I'll probably go on a mad one, I definitely don't need anyone but I'll end up getting like Gotze, Kadlec and a few others or something lmfao.

Mehhh Busquets can be good. He has the occasional spree of assisting/scoring but for most of the year he does nothing. And plus now I've got Mascherano, Fabregas, Sissoko, Iniesta, Huddlestone and some Ghanaian dude I can't remember the name of for CM. Overcrowded.

Original post by Zerforax
What do you count as top? Mine keep finding players who are rated as 3 star :s-smilie:

3 star is good enough for me, as I'm Barca that means pretty dam good. Also a few I've bought have been bumped to 3 and a half stars already. Including some French kid touted as the next Platini :teeth:
May as well do a season update. I'm kinda enjoying playing as Barca. You can't pretend to win using any magical skill, but pushing all that money around sure is satisfying. After having 5/6 players out injured at any one time, I ended the season with mixed results. It was impossible to keep up any momentum in the league, any time a player got any form they'd be out for at least a month. Only Bojan showed any real form up front and managed to stay away from injuries, but even then he went through mad lean spells. Aguero started to get some real form, but then ended up out for 2 months and came back rubbish. So yeah, ended up losing the league to Madrid, but won the Spanish Cup and CL, so swings and roundabouts.

Last game of the season was pretty exciting. At home to Madrid, needed nothing less than a win to retain the title. Managed to go ahead through Villa [massive shock, I was sure he'd retired from scoring] and was keeping them out pretty well at the other end. Came to the 85th minute, Ozil is free in the area, 1-1. :frown:
This is getting ridiculous. Bojan out for 2/3 months just before the season starts. Dzeko plays brilliantly against Madrid and is then out for a month. Aguero is out for 3 months after international duty. Now Lukaku is out for a month. All of these within a month/2 months of each other.
Reply 383
ant news on the new patch?
My lads won the league cup, which is pretty awesome :smile: (beat Sunderland in the final, Liverpool in the semis).

I'm also somehow in the battle for 4th position (5 teams within 3 points of each other, 9 games to go). Don't think i'll manage it, but i've just as much chance as anyone else i guess.
Can anyone think of a good English right winger? (or someone who is classed as home grown). I want a winger but pretty much filled my foreign slots.

I can think of Walcott, Lennon and then SWP/Bentley who will prob be crap. :s-smilie:
Seb Larsson? :dontknow:
Reply 387
Lennon has been very good for me at Spurs. I'm managing England as well and Lansbury turns into a good player.
Reply 388
Why have Liverpool got such a small budget? :angry:
Reply 389
Signed a regen CM for £1.2mil last summer, 20 years old. Started 22 games with 10 sub appearances at an average rating of 7.28. So he's pretty important to me now.

He came to me asking for a new contract, I looked at his wage and it was £900 so I thought fair enough. Promised him one and offered it straight away. He only asked for £5k or something which was very reasonable. He's Liberian and was refused a work permit, and has just handed in a transfer request because I "broke" my promise.

:facepalm2:
Reply 390
Oh, and i'm in my third season at Spurs. I've just drawn Real Madrid in the Champions League. For the third time.
Reply 391
Original post by Singh_2

Original post by Singh_2
Why have Liverpool got such a small budget? :angry:

They have a decent one for me :s-smilie:
Reply 392
Original post by Louis.

Original post by Louis.
Signed a regen CM for £1.2mil last summer, 20 years old. Started 22 games with 10 sub appearances at an average rating of 7.28. So he's pretty important to me now.

He came to me asking for a new contract, I looked at his wage and it was £900 so I thought fair enough. Promised him one and offered it straight away. He only asked for £5k or something which was very reasonable. He's Liberian and was refused a work permit, and has just handed in a transfer request because I "broke" my promise.

:facepalm2:

:facepalm2: Players are absolute retards!

I haven't been able to motivate myself to play at all knowing that a patch is on the way.

I can't wait to start a new Liverpool game with Suarez and (a boosted) Carroll :coma:
Reply 393
Original post by Mess.

I haven't been able to motivate myself to play at all knowing that a patch is on the way.

I can't wait to start a new Liverpool game with Suarez and (a boosted) Carroll :coma:

Offered him another one and it's all signed, can't work out why the work permit was rejected in the first place, 5 caps at 20 years old, captaining the national side and that "exceptional talent" thing as well. And a permit was accepted the summer before :s-smilie:

I signed Carroll first season for Spurs and he scored 5 in 23 which wasn't exactly brilliant. Overall performance was ok, playing the lone striker in a title winning side after all, but i'd imagine he'll get a significant improvement.
Reply 394
Original post by Mess.

Yeh I'm going back to one of my FM 2010 games until the new patch comes out. Can't seem to get into FM 2011.
Original post by Zerforax
Can anyone think of a good English right winger? (or someone who is classed as home grown). I want a winger but pretty much filled my foreign slots.

I can think of Walcott, Lennon and then SWP/Bentley who will prob be crap. :s-smilie:

Lennon was very good for me on my Tottenham save, Walcott has been permanently injured on my Arsenal save, but when he was fit he didn't do anything decent in all honesty. Alex Chamberlain is a young right winger who's homegrown, he's only like 16 and his stats are pretty ****ty but I think he develops quite well, especially if you give him game time, so I suggest sending him on loan as I doubt he can handle the EPL. However considering all the recent hype about him in the transfer window (Arsenal were meant to buy him for 10m) I can see him receiving a significant stats boost on the patch.

Lansbury on my game is currently on loan and from the vague scouting of the matches he plays in he seems quite decent, I don't know what to do with him though considering my already super talented midfielders - M'Vila, Fabregas, Wilshere, Ramsey, Song, Nasri, Sanchez, Walcott. Might have to loan him out or sell him...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 396
news on the patch anyone?
Original post by gunit123
news on the patch anyone?

Won't hear any updates/ news until it actually comes out. Just keep checking until then, should be between now and start of March so not long.
Reply 398
Anyone else get annoyed at the rush of "play me or i'll leave" comments at the end of a season. I've got 3 games to go where I could win the league and Champions League and now there are 3 or 4 players suddenly unhappy.
Reply 399
are aston villa a good team to play as if u want to build up the cluubs reputation by signing players and winning matches, etc. i dont want to choose the top 4/5 as i want more of a challenge. what do u guys suggest???

Latest