The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mess.
Press the 'Go Advanced' button, then scroll down a bit and click the 'Manage Attatchments' one. Once you upload it'll appear when you post :yy:

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 5341
Original post by jackf1337
Anyone doing careers with teams they don't support?

I'm a Villa fan so I'm currently hard at work on a Villa career but I've entertained the idea of bringing Forest back to the top, taking a very low league team to the premier league, managing my current local sides (MK Dons/Northampton) or being the team I'm currently playing as on FIFA (TSV 1860 Munich).
Me with Wolves, in the sporadic times I'm actually playing the game (other things like Skyrim, Crusader Kings and Dwarf Fortress are distracting me from that, though :p:). Though it really just started out as a bit of a test game with youth development at the heart of it (Wolves have good youth and training facilities without being one of the best teams in the country which is why I picked them), I kinda like the game so am tempted to carry it on.
Original post by jackf1337
Anyone doing careers with teams they don't support?

I'm a Villa fan so I'm currently hard at work on a Villa career but I've entertained the idea of bringing Forest back to the top, taking a very low league team to the premier league, managing my current local sides (MK Dons/Northampton) or being the team I'm currently playing as on FIFA (TSV 1860 Munich).

Ipswich fan and I always get angry and quit within a few months of the season when I decide to play as them. They always seem to get promoted first season when I'm another team but I'm just useless when I take them on myself.
Interesting replies :smile: Thanks.

I've also thought about trying to rebuild Arsenal or Chelsea, although that'd probably be too easy.
:woo: BathCityChampions!.jpg
£335 million to spend this is getting silly

So I biding £40million for a good youth player at west ham, see who west ham deal with that money

When the new update:frown: If its anything like the fifa one Carroll is the new Messi
I seem to be in a dead end situation with Salisbury City as I have got them up to League 1 but the board isn't giving me any money to spend on wage budget which is causing me to drop behind competition. My wage budget is like 20k a week which is the lowest in the league and 7 tmes lower than the the highest wage budget in the league. Has anyone ever took a team from the lowest division up to the premier league successfully and is there any tips anyone has to help me improve my situation.
Currently at Aston Villa. Just got an offer from Chelsea to become their manager with a £45,000,000 transfer budget. So tempting.

Will stay loyal though.

I've got 10 matches in December :facepalm:

Hopefully I do not sustain any more injuries.
(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone want to recommend me a young striker with good potential? Needs to be good enough to play a back up role (2nd/3rd choice). I only have like 2 to 5mil to spend though :biggrin:
Reply 5349
Original post by Zerforax
Anyone want to recommend me a young striker with good potential? Needs to be good enough to play a back up role (2nd/3rd choice). I only have like 2 to 5mil to spend though :biggrin:

Carlos Fierro is ridiculously good and only costs just over £1m.
Original post by Mess.

He can't move till he turns 18 so I'll buy him next summer?
Original post by Mess.

Where did you download the actual club logos etc.? :holmes: About time I spiced up FM :rolleyes:
Original post by Mess.

I just scouted him and his potential is only 2.5 stars. How come he's so good? Surely a player like Niang is better? :confused:
Reply 5353
Original post by Angry cucumber
I just scouted him and his potential is only 2.5 stars. How come he's so good? Surely a player like Niang is better? :confused:

Weird, he is always rated as better than the likes of Suarez on my game and if given a few games better than the likes of Rooney and Cavani. Are you sure your scouts are good enough?

Original post by Champagne Supernova
Where did you download the actual club logos etc.? :holmes: About time I spiced up FM :rolleyes:

It might have been FM Base, it is the one I normally use anyway. Although sortitoutsi are quite good as well I think :beard:

He can't move till he turns 18 so I'll buy him next summer?

Wilfried will be a great buy then, check out his physical stats :coma:
Reply 5354
Original post by Champagne Supernova

Boom.
Reply 5355
Original post by rlw31
:lolwut:

2014*
Original post by Mess.
It might have been FM Base, it is the one I normally use anyway. Although sortitoutsi are quite good as well I think :beard:

Cheers chaps :top:
Okay I've signed Niang :colondollar:

Connor Wickham gets really good, not sure how much he is to start with though.
Terrible start to the season, 2 points from 5 games :facepalm:

I've always favoured a 4-2-3-1 but does it work well on FM12?

Latest