The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5520
Original post by SilentIdea
2012-03-10_00001.jpg

Bought Cavani in my Inter save and... :coma:
He's pretty much the sole reason Spurs were top of the league in my Wolves save.

Angry cucumber
That's pretty incredible!

How much did you pay for him?
In my game Spurs bought him in summer 2012 for £33.5m. With just a few games left in the season, he's played 26 league games and scored 28 goals. The only other players with over 20 league goals are Edin Dzeko (25 in 34) and Leigh Griffiths (22 in 27)
Original post by KingMessi
It's at times like these that I find FM* very hard to tolerate.

*football

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17162945
Reply 5522
Something like http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match?id=108364&cc=5739 would hurt even more :biggrin:

But of course, when things go your way in some insanely ludicrous fashion (in the game or real life), it's equally as memorable as all the times when things go horribly wrong ChesterDover.png (that Dover save was one of my all-time favourite LLM games)
Original post by Dalimyr
Something like http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match?id=108364&cc=5739 would hurt even more :biggrin:

But of course, when things go your way in some insanely ludicrous fashion (in the game or real life), it's equally as memorable as all the times when things go horribly wrong ChesterDover.png (that Dover save was one of my all-time favourite LLM games)

True, only FM seems to contrive a way in which I have five or six of those games a season, as opposed to one every season or two.

My main job now is to reduce my 2.3M per week wage bill without jeopardising my chance of a fifth straight CL title...:erm:
Reply 5524
Decided to start a mess around save. So opened up the file editor gave liverpool 800m to spend and made myself a player, who at the age of 18 is better than Messi :rolleyes:.

Got a front 4 of Cavani, myself, Gotze and Hazard. Cavani is on 7 goals after 3 games, gotze on 4 and I have 9 assists. Made it a bit too easy probably :/
Reply 5525
Chivas and Hannover seem to be producing great players this FM. Have snapped up a few of their youngsters.
Reply 5526
Original post by SilentIdea
2012-03-10_00001.jpg

Bought Cavani in my Inter save and... :coma:

Cavani is my favourite player in FM12.
Never lets me down, always has more goals scored than games played.
Not sure which of my team will step up when he retires :afraid:.
Reply 5527
Original post by Stirlo
Decided to start a mess around save. So opened up the file editor gave liverpool 800m to spend and made myself a player, who at the age of 18 is better than Messi :rolleyes:.

Got a front 4 of Cavani, myself, Gotze and Hazard. Cavani is on 7 goals after 3 games, gotze on 4 and I have 9 assists. Made it a bit too easy probably :/

Wait, you can create players? o.O

Does it risk corrupting game files, or is it legit/safe?
Reply 5528
Original post by Nut.
Wait, you can create players? o.O

Does it risk corrupting game files, or is it legit/safe?

It should be perfectly safe, you just edit the game version and save it as a new editor file. Then load that up when you start a new game. You could essentially create a team full of messi's for a bottom division team if you wanted. It's just the same as any other add-on that you can install that other users have made, such as pyramid leagues etc
In the final of the spanish cup vs malaga and the semi final of the champions league vs man united so I might get a double this season. Real madrid have the league, they're ten points ahead, my poor start to the season ****ed me over.

Good news however, a 16 striker in my youth squad has 4.5 star potential and there's a 15 year old striker with 4 star potential. I think my boxers are wet. :sogood:

They're going into my first team next season and I'm selling all my other strikers besides one who's single handedly got me to the semis of the champions league. He scored more goals in the champions league than in la liga. Got a hat trick vs arsenal in extra time, 3 goals vs PSG and 4 goals vs bayern.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ruin.
Chivas and Hannover seem to be producing great players this FM. Have snapped up a few of their youngsters.

I know about chivas, but looks like I'm raiding hannover in the summer.
Just signed Niang on the update. 5 star potential!!!

Bought him with 4.5 star, he moved and it moved up by half a star :sexface:

Work might be on the back burner for a little while!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5532
Original post by Stirlo

I have done this before. :awesome:
Although it makes the game easier, I just love it when I win the Ballon D'Or. :u:

Original post by jam277
I know about chivas, but looks like I'm raiding hannover in the summer.

André Linke and Leon Otto are worth a look, they're youngsters but with really high potential. Zieler is older than them but becomes a very good GK.
Reply 5533
So, a new LLM career save, and I've ended up at my old bogey team Eastbourne Boro. In older FMs I always lost to them, no matter how much I was able to dominate the league. Will be interesting to see how things go...though I may well just stick with them until the end of the season (I've taken charge in January to help them avoid relegation/get back into the promotion chase where they feel they belong) then take charge of someone else when the new season starts. So I'm not expecting any fireworks this season but securing Eastbourne's survival is all I'm particularly interested in, which ought to be easy enough if I can get their morale sorted. The team started off so well, bouncing between 2nd and 7th, then from game 14 onwards (it's now nearing game 27) they crashed and burned, dropping from 4th to 5th, to 7th, to 9th (where they stayed for three games), to 12th, 13th, 14th, 17th, back up to 16th for three games then the manager got sacked after they went down to 17th again which is where I've stepped in. I know the team's good, but when their morale ranges from Poor to Abysmal (one guy's is 'Okay' but he's a long-term injury :rolleyes:) I'm going to be in for a hell of a rough ride to begin with in my efforts to turn things around.
Reply 5534
Started a new game after the patch update thing, decided to take on Blackpool (my home town!!). Going absolutely smashing so far, end of October and i'm top of the league. I brought in Shola Ameobi and overhauled the backroom staff. I also got Shelvey back on loan from Liverpool for the entire season this time. I don't think i've lost yet either.
Reply 5535
I attended a Liverpool U18s v Liverpool Youth Candidates match to look for new talent, I was surprised to see that they had the commentary feature on for these type of unimportant matches. :rofl:

Have signed up a ST from the trial team though, Lee McCall. :Beard:
Original post by Angry cucumber
Just signed Niang on the update. 5 star potential!!!

Bought him with 4.5 star, he moved and it moved up by half a star :sexface:

Work might be on the back burner for a little while!

I think everton bought niang and barcelona bought him off of them. Have you heard of a guy named lenny nangis? He's worth a shout, fast as hell.

Real madrid have ran away with the league due to me bottling it at the start of the season(I was 11th in january and now 2nd in april lol while madrid have kept the consistant 85+ points to win la liga rule) so they pretty much have the league, my only hope of winning the title is if I beat real madrid and they lose to all the big teams which they have next.

I wanted to win a treble, knowing me, I'll end up losing to united and only winning the spanish cup.
(edited 12 years ago)
Records are tumbling.

What's everyone's longest unbeaten run in all competitions?
Original post by KingMessi
Records are tumbling.

What's everyone's longest unbeaten run in all competitions?

110 games in FM 11. Although in this FM, it's 15 games.
Original post by jam277
110 games in FM 11. Although in this FM, it's 15 games.

:eek: Impressive. That puts my 49 games into context...

Latest