The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6080
Original post by jam277
Yeah. I had to buy a bit because I crashed arsenal style and some of my positions the youth players aren't at the required level yet plus I'm rich, I bought a player I brought through from my youth squad back, bought a defender for 5 million and bought 3 young centre backs who costed 2 million overall. I have a youngster in my youth squad as well. I think it was a kneejerk reaction to bottling 4 trophies despite being in the final of the spanish cup, first in la liga, semi finals of the CL and final of the club world championship :facepalm2: Plus I might leave next season to go to italy so I just want to get a clean sweep this season and leave.

I know man. I just need to get an unbeaten streak down and make sure my tactics are tight though, once that's happened I think I'll solve this problem.

Same, I'm trying to blend in new players and get rid of old ones without pissing off the fans which is proving difficult. Getting rid of Damioa and Cabayae will be a ball ache.

I'll try and post some pics of my youngsters later.
First youth intake of my game, in my uptake and absolute beast of a striker with a potential of 4 stars and I've signed a keeper from Auxerre that has 3.5 star potential.... if I had scouted him the day before I would have had him on a free but he signed a contract by the time I offered him a contract :rolleyes: :angry: Have to pay 1 mill compensation....

Out of the 50 youth intakes I've scouted so far only one has more than 2.5 star potential, could be a long time scouting .......:moon:
Bah to sign a new long term contract or not.. Might do a Guardiola and just sign one year extension at a time :colondollar:
Reply 6083
Original post by Zerforax
Bah to sign a new long term contract or not.. Might do a Guardiola and just sign one year extension at a time :colondollar:
Play it however you want. I've had games where I'd stick with the same team for years and years, and other games where I would never sign a new contract (once my contract was up, whether I'd been brought in for three months or three years, I left, then advanced far enough that the job I'd left was taken by someone else then went on holiday mode looking for new work (reason I go through until it's taken is that the AI's thick - if you leave a job then go on holiday with instructions to apply for jobs, the AI will apply for the job you just left...and most of the time you'd get it as well :p:)
My personal tendency when I do jump around is to move to a club that is a totally different stature to the club I'd just left. I don't really see the point in, say, leaving Man Utd to join Chelsea - you just end up at a different club, probably with a weaker squad than the one you've abandoned (assuming you've had time to invest in the team while you were there; the AI isn't as good as the player at team-building, after all) and you're still going to be eyeing up the same sorts of players you were going after in your previous job. Half the time I see people do this and I genuinely wonder why, because they spend their finances trying to buy players from the club they left :s: At least if you leave Man Utd to join, say, QPR...the world-class talent that you'd be wanting to sign at Man Utd are well beyond the reach of QPR, so it gives you a new challenge to work on, rather than the same challenge from a new perspective.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dalimyr
Play it however you want. I've had games where I'd stick with the same team for years and years, and other games where I would never sign a new contract (once my contract was up, whether I'd been brought in for three months or three years, I left, then advanced far enough that the job I'd left was taken by someone else then went on holiday mode looking for new work (reason I go through until it's taken is that the AI's thick - if you leave a job then go on holiday with instructions to apply for jobs, the AI will apply for the job you just left...and most of the time you'd get it as well :p:)
My personal tendency when I do jump around is to move to a club that is a totally different stature to the club I'd just left. I don't really see the point in, say, leaving Man Utd to join Chelsea - you just end up at a different club, probably with a weaker squad than the one you've abandoned (assuming you've had time to invest in the team while you were there; the AI isn't as good as the player at team-building, after all) and you're still going to be eyeing up the same sorts of players you were going after in your previous job. Half the time I see people do this and I genuinely wonder why, because they spend their finances trying to buy players from the club they left :s: At least if you leave Man Utd to join, say, QPR...the world-class talent that you'd be wanting to sign at Man Utd are well beyond the reach of QPR, so it gives you a new challenge to work on, rather than the same challenge from a new perspective.

Makes sense. What I've done is save the game at the point where I was offered the contract - will carry on with the club I have for a few more season on one save (since I'm attached to my players :colondollar:) and leave the club on the other save and join somewhere new. Might try a small club like you suggest.
Original post by Dalimyr
-------

On last years game I won everything with Liverpool several times had a transfer budget of something crazy. I got bored and moved to the newly promoted Bari in Seria A and with my new team in there first season I got them to 3rd! I enjoyed it more than my Liverpool game. It did help that I had Yaya Sanogo on loan from Liverpool, 46 goals in 47 games, he was so good..... :colondollar:

Planning to do a similar thing, this time just need to get a proper control of this years installment and then I might try and take the mighty Yeovil Town to the Premiership!
I just can't get the tactics right. Any advice? :angry:
Original post by SilentIdea
I just can't get the tactics right. Any advice? :angry:

Who are you? What formation do you use atm?
Original post by CB91
Who are you? What formation do you use atm?

I was previously Wigan. :P I just normally use a 4-4-2. :L How do you decide what tactic to use when you manage a team you don't much about? :colondollar:
Original post by SilentIdea
I was previously Wigan. :P I just normally use a 4-4-2. :L How do you decide what tactic to use when you manage a team you don't much about? :colondollar:

If it's a team I don't know much about I normally spend a while looking through each player, what roles they're most comfortable in, what their preferred moves are, how versatile they are and how good their mental stats are (I normally ditch any players that are going to moan or disrupt the team). From that I normally pick a formation which most of the players fit into and sell on the ones that don't (unless they're brilliant in which case they can be retrained). Personally, I go for a 4-2-3-1 most of the time.
Reply 6090
Got Dagenham and Redbridge into the Championship through back-to-back promotions (won League Two Play-offs, came 2nd in League One).

Now the board expect me to avoid relegation on a wage budget of 40k. :eek::eek::eek::angry:. Are they kidding me? There wasn't even a 'try your best' option or whatever it is these days.

Added to that, my job status at the club is only bordering on 'stable', despite leading them to successive promotions!

Currently getting slaughtered in the Championship, played 7, won 1 (beat Leicester 5-4 :colone:), lost 6. Still not even in the relegation zone somehow! :colondollar:

And another thing, how come I haven't been approached for any bigger jobs? Normally with FM I'll start with a Huddersfield/Notts County and take them up to the Championship and then I'll pick up a Villa or an Everton or someone like that after 2 years of the game. Haven't even had any rumours circulating about me even though I make sure I only sign one year contracts :unimpressed:...
Original post by Point!
Got Dagenham and Redbridge into the Championship through back-to-back promotions (won League Two Play-offs, came 2nd in League One).

Now the board expect me to avoid relegation on a wage budget of 40k. :eek::eek::eek::angry:. Are they kidding me? There wasn't even a 'try your best' option or whatever it is these days.

Added to that, my job status at the club is only bordering on 'stable', despite leading them to successive promotions!

Currently getting slaughtered in the Championship, played 7, won 1 (beat Leicester 5-4 :colone:), lost 6. Still not even in the relegation zone somehow! :colondollar:

And another thing, how come I haven't been approached for any bigger jobs? Normally with FM I'll start with a Huddersfield/Notts County and take them up to the Championship and then I'll pick up a Villa or an Everton or someone like that after 2 years of the game. Haven't even had any rumours circulating about me even though I make sure I only sign one year contracts :unimpressed:...

club reputations go up way too fast on FM2012, I found that before if you get a team promoted your rep goes stupidly high at the same time :/ makes keeping a job with a lower league team after promotion stupidly hard
I hate when a loan player's morale is influenced by events at his parent club. WHY? That's it, score two goals and then morale is poor because he fancies a new challenge away from x.

**** OFF! :colonhash:
Hmm been winning left, right and centre and everyone in the squad has high morale (very good or superb) the only two players who don't are Hamsik and Busquets. I can't work out why either. Generally praise them along with the rest and they've been included in winning games. Haven't fined or told them off/said mean things and both are getting games too. For some reason their morale is low most of the time even when their information page says they're happy with my comments made in press conferences etc. :s-smilie:
Hmm been winning left, right and centre and everyone in the squad has high morale (very good or superb) the only two players who don't are Hamsik and Busquets. I can't work out why either. Generally praise them along with the rest and they've been included in winning games. Haven't fined or told them off/said mean things and both are getting games too. For some reason their morale is low most of the time even when their information page says they're happy with my comments made in press conferences etc. :s-smilie:

Hamsik is like that for me as well (im Napoli). Not sure on Busquets, never signed him. How much did you sign him for?
Reply 6095

How do they feel about their training schedules?
Original post by CB91
Hamsik is like that for me as well (im Napoli). Not sure on Busquets, never signed him. How much did you sign him for?

Maybe Hamsik is just a moody git then. Busquets was offered to me by his agent for £30mil and I signed him for £34mil on 120k a week I think. Excessive I know but I'm planning as Man City :colondollar:

Got Wilshere for £14mil too :biggrin:

Original post by Mess.
How do they feel about their training schedules?

They're happy with everything as far as I can tell :s-smilie: Their performances have been a tad lower than the rest of the team (everyone else averages over 7.0 but they are closer to 6.7) and neither are playing in their prefered position (both playing as a midfield player with DLP compared to Hamsik preferring AMC and Busquets preferring DMC but I didn't think it would make a difference?

They're happy with everything as far as I can tell :s-smilie: Their performances have been a tad lower than the rest of the team (everyone else averages over 7.0 but they are closer to 6.7) and neither are playing in their prefered position (both playing as a midfield player with DLP compared to Hamsik preferring AMC and Busquets preferring DMC but I didn't think it would make a difference?

Do they speak the language fluently?

Both moved from clubs where they had a lot of friends, so that could be a factor.
Everytime I say to myself, that I don't need to buy anymore regens youth, my scout then comes up with like 6 quality regens so annoying -.-
Reply 6099
Original post by Kruz
Everytime I say to myself, that I don't need to buy anymore regens youth, my scout then comes up with like 6 quality regens so annoying -.-

Yes, I also have a strange aversion to re-gen players. But, as the seasons go by my hand is forced.

Latest